2000 CCLB - Which White Paint is Correct?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know paint ages... while back we had an accident in my dads tahoe and the dealer were gonna fix it at the body shop. I remember them saying they had to age the paint to match the body.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
GM changed formulations over the years like many manufacturers do...

The part that makes it tougher is they even recycled some names and paint codes. But are different shades depending on the year!

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
GM changed formulations over the years like many manufacturers do...

The part that makes it tougher is they even recycled some names and paint codes. But are different shades depending on the year!
This is very true... my truck is a 94 and is summit white... but when i got a nick on my fender the summit white in a touch up bottle was different.

When i had my hood painted i had them color match my fender and they sprayed my fender too.

Then my dumbazz opened my hood with my windshield wipers out and nicked my cowl.:banghead:. Again, its summit white but the summit white n a can is a different shade. Gms bright white match it perfectly.

Dylan Burow

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not that it is your issue that could be why it looks off. Also I would check if you still have Receipts for when they did color match. Mine actually had a spelling error imprinted in the glove box that was found when
I had some rust taken out and color repainted.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You really need the paint code off the truck. The color name means little as stated. The same names were used across year spans and different colors and the same color for the same year can have variations based on which plant or which batch of paint it came from. The easiest way to guaranty a good color match is to go to a paint jobber with the vehicle that is set up with the camera for color matching and let them buff up a spot, take a pic, and mix it up. Most places can then load this in a spray can if need be. I've used these camera systems for DuPont, PPG, and BASF. All of them maintain about a 98% accuracy rate with the exception of 3 stage paints/pearlcoats.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
The VIN decoder link in this section is pretty cool. My '93 cclb is Olympic White...
Must be what you get if you don't finnish your race or competition...
Olympic Gold
Silver
Bronze
White. Surrender.