2 key to 1 key converter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
The blade part of the key for the 95 up 400 trucks and SUVs is the same as the blade part of the key the 800 trucks and SUVs use. The difference is the head size and shape. This comes from a long time professional locksmith friend. The larger head on the 800 keys will help open the door lock if you're wearing gloves, but it won't fit inside the ears of the ignition lock cylinder.
If you have a good automotive locksmith in your area, they can probably rekey your truck's lock cylinders to all work on the same key. If you'd posed this question a couple weeks ago, I could've asked my guy about it, because he was in the space next to me at the swap meet. Oh well....But if you can find a locksmith, talk to them about what you want to do, and they should be able to tell you if it can be done, and how much $$. Wouldn't think it'd be too much, but not sure. Good luck and let us know how it works out!

Bloke

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did the ebay as previously posted. No problems with the set 1 key does the doors and ignitions. Its a good buy.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
All of the 88-94 GMT400 columns are the same, save for the ignition switch depending on whether you have a tilt or non-tilt column. That set will work in a 94 Suburban as well. However you'll probably want to contact the seller and see if they have a 4-piece kit so you'll have the extra lock cylinder for your back door.

Mr Eric

Reaction score
I just use keyless entry.

I used that as my plan, until one day the key fob battery was cold and wouldn't open the doors. After about an hour of near panic the key dog fob had warmed up. And unlocked the doors.

Now u replace the battery really frequently, would like to even make a custom fob with a larger or rechargeable.... too many ideas not enough time.....

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used that as my plan, until one day the key fob battery was cold and wouldn't open the doors. After about an hour of near panic the key dog fob had warmed up. And unlocked the doors.

Now u replace the battery really frequently, would like to even make a custom fob with a larger or rechargeable.... too many ideas not enough time.....
I just had to replace a battery during the warranty period, but not sure if the keyless entry is the culprit. The only time I lock my doors is when I'm away from home, like at the store or out of town.