2-in-1 Rust Reform & Seal frame paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you read the post I said I did all the brake lines last year as they WERE gone. That’s past tense in English. I didn’t realize using the word car and truck was an issue as this is a truck forum so I apologize if I wrote car, that’s picking at semantics.

Well, your post is a bit confusing. Taming down the run on sentences and putting some more punctuation in would help. So would getting your nouns, pronouns, verbs and prepositional phrases in the right place as far as sentence structure goes. You know, proper sentence structure, subject-verb-direct object, instead of mixing it all up bassackwards. It also helps if the paragraph is in some kind of chronological order so that it makes sense without everybody else having to decipher wtf you're saying.

Last edited:

JACK34

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry if I upset you. I think I misunderstood your post. My fault. Good luck.

94K3500PROJECT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ll give my two cents and I DO understand how low budget hack it sounds but......

3 years ago I sprayed my rails on my K1500 with Rustoleom rust reformer. I haven’t washed that truck once and drive it throughout the year including winters in the salt belt

it’s held up well enough it’s what I’m doing to my crew cab K3500

PEIslander

Reaction score
I live on an island off the east coast of Canada. It's got to be one of the worst places in the world for rust - salt and gravel used on the roads in the winter plus we have salt in the air. I couldn't believe when I moved here in 2013 that the car dealerships stock subframes! Anyway, I have had good luck spraying the underneath of my cars and trucks with Fluid Film. It's a lanolin based product. Some guys do it twice a year but I do it late fall. I buy it by the gallon and spray it using an undercoat gun.

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Interesting study on rust converters. Unclear what to make of it. Seems like it's saying that the conversion layer is insignificant enough to not make a difference in the long run. Guessing the usefulness of certain products depends on some things including severity? Not sure...May be understanding wrong.

" Conclusions
The conversion of rusts formed in alternated immersion tests succeeded with a
formula based on tannic and phosphoric acids as proven by spectroscopic analysis.
In effect, samples corroded until grades C and D in media containing sulfate and
chloride ions in different contents had the iron oxyhydroxides converted mainly to
iron phosphates and tannates. In spite of this, no significant difference on the per-
formance of converted and no-converted painted samples was verified which would
justify the use of a rust converter. With the epoxy-mastic painting, no difference
could be detected even around a scratch. In the case of high chloride contamination
and grade D of corrosion, the presence of the rust converter was even harmful to the
painting performance."