2-3 shift slip, 4l60e, does Corvette servo help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olskool

Reaction score
I just build a 200 4r for a friend of mine for a Vega he is building. we hated the 200 4r when the came out, they were a pain to make work right. they had a slide bump on the 1-2 we solved it most of the time by putting in a one piece servo out of a regular 200thm also we would plug the bleed off hole in the 2 piece factory servo and leave off the sealing ring from the steel piston in the servo, it caused drag. then GM updated them with lip seals instead of Teflon sealing rings, this helped most of the time but nothing beat the one piece servo,,,,,,,,,,,

redfishsc

Tired of fixing lousy engineering.
Reaction score
Just an update. This old transmission still kicking. I boosted the line pressure with a handheld tuner and the 2-3 flare went away. I've towed popup campers and bass boats, gone from West Virginia to Marathon Key Florida on that transmission.

redfishsc

Tired of fixing lousy engineering.
Reaction score
You're a braver man than me, towing a boat on a questionable transmission. Glad it's working!

It's a fairly light 16ft bass boat with a 70hp 2 stroke. Since I drive the truck more cautiously when towing, the trans is probably safer towing that dealing with my lead foot when not towing