1999 electrical problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dathan99

Reaction score
Need some help radio won’t turn on it worked before I replaced it for a brand new one and before I replaced the vats module for a bit I had power and everything but when I turned the truck off I had hard time taking my key out then when I got it out and turned it back on the radio had no power again all fuses is good have no problem starting the truck just has no power to the radio for some reason

Dathan99

Reaction score
I should add the reason for a new radio is Just a simple upgrade nothing was wrong with the other radio

Dathan99

Reaction score
Can you use some punctuation or something? I can't understand your first post.
Changed the vats module and upgraded the radio. Went to check for power to make sure it worked and it worked went to turn off the truck and my key was stuck in the ignition was able to get it out but now the radio has no power.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Other than the two radio fuses and your wiring to the radio, there's not much else going on in these trucks. Since your wipers and windows still work, the ignition switch is fine. I would look deeper into the radio wiring harness and make sure all your connections are good, and double-triple-check the two radio fuses.

Dathan99

Reaction score
Other than the two radio fuses and your wiring to the radio, there's not much else going on in these trucks. Since your wipers and windows still work, the ignition switch is fine. I would look deeper into the radio wiring harness and make sure all your connections are good, and double-triple-check the two radio fuses.
Ok thank you will check that out

Dathan99

Reaction score
Maybe I'm grounding out somewhere? do you know where the ground wire for the radio could be? When I checked for power instead of voltage I get continuity when I touch ignition switch.