Electrical problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SmokeyJr

Reaction score
I have 97' chevy 1500 I just picked up yesterday there seems to be quite a few problems regarding electrical stuff, my door locks don't work the dash lights don't work, low beams don't work, it seems I have a bad ground somewhere but I'm not sure, is there a ground that ties all of these together? I have checked all fuses and relays and they all are good and alot of the other electrical systems work just fine including the radio and high beams and running lights, im just wondering where I should start with this new truck (I also have 98 gmc 1500 that I can use for parts and such)

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Before anymore guessing search in the forum for free download OE service manual for your year truck. Then you'll have the info you need to do the troubleshooting. Headlights are grounded in front near headlights. You have high beams, check for power to low beams, you have ground( high beams) work back to headlight switch. OE manual has the info, all ground locations, your new best friend.