Electric problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TruckR14

Reaction score
Thank you all for the replies. I’ll check on these things and get back to you when I get back to it. It looks like the under hood batt 50 amp fuse feeds the interior fuse block? I’ll pull that fuse and see if it kills power to the whole block or just a few components

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The aftermarket service manuals are ok. But if you want to be exact and be able to fix diagnose the exact not generalized repair download the factory version.
There are items that are " hot " have power available but are activated by a switched ground. Versus a switched power.
If you believe your drain is through that 50 amp feed fuse you could just unplug one item at time to find the parasite drain item. Then examine why , or how it's causing the drain.
For the more complex diagnosis, and if you plan on long term ownership, you can't beat using the OE factory service manual.
Good luck.

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The aftermarket service manuals are ok. But if you want to be exact and be able to fix diagnose the exact not generalized repair download the factory version.
There are items that are " hot " have power available but are activated by a switched ground. Versus a switched power.
If you believe your drain is through that 50 amp feed fuse you could just unplug one item at time to find the parasite drain item. Then examine why , or how it's causing the drain.
For the more complex diagnosis, and if you plan on long term ownership, you can't beat using the OE factory service manual.
Good luck.

There's a lot more switched ground systems in this truck than I'm used to, those can be tricky to deal with blind.