1998 Z71 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
My original motor mounts are shot (230k+ miles). I noticed with the 4l60e but the nv4500 really doesn't like it, bucks around when idling in gear, especially up hill. Pretty harsh when letting off the throttle.

Anyways I ordered some OffroadDesigns poly mounts and they came in today. Looking forward to installing these. They look extremely well built, definitely not finished to an OEM spec but solid. Gonna hit them with some black rustoleum before installation.

You must be registered for see images attach

Awest623

Reaction score
Thanks to @L31MaxExpress I finally did a P59 swap today! Fired right up. Now I can install a sensor run flex fuel for more power.

Cleaned up the wiring to my computer while I was at it.

Awest623

Reaction score
You're still alive?! Did you enable all the hidden flex fuel parameters on that PCM? There's a bunch.
Always alive. Just sometimes to busy to work on the truck and post it all here.

@L31MaxExpress got the pcm set up for me with the proper segment swaps, he's been running this OS with flex fuel enabled on his express van for a while. I just swapped all my values in and applied the 2 bar COS. I have flex fuel disabled right now until I get the sensor.

I hate saying it cuz it's probably just a placebo, but even without changing a single thing on the tune it seems to be running smoother. I'll have to double check but it also seems like my lean hot start has resolved itself.

Awest623

Reaction score
I also found the last interior trim piece I need! The rear upper trim that holds the back of the headliner up. Got it cleaned up now and just need to paint and install it, along with the rest of the trim to follow

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Always alive. Just sometimes to busy to work on the truck and post it all here.

@L31MaxExpress got the pcm set up for me with the proper segment swaps, he's been running this OS with flex fuel enabled on his express van for a while. I just swapped all my values in and applied the 2 bar COS. I have flex fuel disabled right now until I get the sensor.

I hate saying it cuz it's probably just a placebo, but even without changing a single thing on the tune it seems to be running smoother. I'll have to double check but it also seems like my lean hot start has resolved itself.

If you got it from him, then you're still 4X and running the Mexican OS then aren't you? Drive it more, the faster/better PCM likely has all around better manners. I want to 24X swap mine and once I discovered that the flex fuel stuff got opened up on EFILive decided I wanted to swap the same PCM into my 1500.

Awest623

Reaction score
If you got it from him, then you're still 4X and running the Mexican OS then aren't you? Drive it more, the faster/better PCM likely has all around better manners. I want to 24X swap mine and once I discovered that the flex fuel stuff got opened up on EFILive decided I wanted to swap the same PCM into my 1500.

Yup. 4x and Mexican OS.

I've thought about the 24x before but for the money and work I don't see a need for it. My 4x single coil system hasn't given me any problems. Maybe when I have to build a new engine for the truck I'll swap it to 24x.

With the 24x you can run a 2002 Tahoe flex fuel operating system on the 0411 to retain the higher resolution 2 bar VE table. The P59 has to half the resolution to do 2 bar (10kPa steps vs 5kPa steps).

I'll definitely drive it more, only took it for a very short drive to get fueling reasonable. Like I said I think it might've cured my hot start issue, but have to verify.

With the 0411 if the engine sat hot for 5 minutes it would start normal, but about 3 seconds after start it would peg my AFR full lean for about a minute before it richened back up. Couldn't make sense of it, definitely wasn't a heat soak issue.

Last edited: