1998 Z71 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
Found some goodies at the scrap yard today. Still no luck on the upper rear trim piece

You must be registered for see images attach

Awest623

Reaction score
Drivers side seat is done. I also replaced the bottom cushion. Woulda replaced all the foam but it seems they only make the drivers side bottom and nothing else.

All the other foam was pumped back up with a mister and heat gun.

Awest623

Reaction score
Swapped my 4l60e for an nv4500 today. Didn't take any pictures because I was too preoccupied with the swap. Managed to get it done in two days with help from a buddy.

Awest623

Reaction score
Little more info on the nv4500 swap.

I got the transmission, bell housing, inspection plate, shifter, oil, clutch pedal bracket and an np241 transfer case from a guy parting out his 95 K2500 6.5. Ended up paying 1600 for all of that.

I bought everything else new. Clutch is a centerforce dual friction kit.

Everything lined up almost perfect. The hole for the shifter is embossed on the floor, angle grinder made short work of it. The master was a little more complicated as the mounting system is different from 95-98. A couple good measurements and everything fit like a charm.

The trans uses the same mounting points and driveshaft with no modification. I used the np241 for now until I can swap the input shaft on my 243 to a 32 spline and have push button 4x4 again.

All in I did this swap for about $2600, give or take.