1998 Z71 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
0411 installed!!! Now I need to go grab my laptop and flash this thing. Stay tuned!
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Awest623

Reaction score
Fingers crossed
You must be registered for see images attach

Awest623

Reaction score
It runs!!!

Awest623

Reaction score
Runs and drives! Idle is a too low for my cam now. Bumped it up while in park/neutral, but my laptop died before I could bump it up in drive.

I'd still call that a success tho.

Wideband o2 sensor is getting installed tomorrow to tune the thing.

Awest623

Reaction score
Updates, updates. 0411 swap was great. Got the MAF and VE pretty dialed in. Waiting on bigger injectors to come in, running out of fuel during power enrichment. I set up lean cruise thanks to @L31MaxExpress. Works pretty great. Also put in a switch and activated tow/haul mode.

I'm really loving this 0411 computer and all the things you can do with it. My truck has never run better or done more. 10/10 would recommend to anyone with even a basic understanding of electrical work.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Updates, updates. 0411 swap was great. Got the MAF and VE pretty dialed in. Waiting on bigger injectors to come in, running out of fuel during power enrichment. I set up lean cruise thanks to @L31MaxExpress. Works pretty great. Also put in a switch and activated tow/haul mode.

I'm really loving this 0411 computer and all the things you can do with it. My truck has never run better or done more. 10/10 would recommend to anyone with even a basic understanding of electrical work.

Been fighting the naysayers for years that want to defend that POS black box. 0411 opens up alot of options and just flat runs better even with the stock van tune on a stock truck or in my case van.

Awest623

Reaction score
Welp. Just got a hand signed memo from a LT. General saying it's time for me to go back to Korea. Should get back to the truck come June. Hopefully.

Awest623

Reaction score
Been fighting the naysayers for years that want to defend that POS black box. 0411 opens up alot of options and just flat runs better even with the stock van tune on a stock truck or in my case van.
Very true. Although the VE map was way out of touch with my cam. I'll grab some pics real quick.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This was mine when I first swapped more than 7 years ago. L31 with a factory GM LT4 cam, 1.6 rockers, shorty headers and the TB lip removed. If I remember for my startup tune all I did was remove the VATS, set the Park/Neutral switch to None, bumped up the High octane spark map and idle spark map about 4°. Was running stock VE and MAF tables at the time. Ran so smoothly even after a cold start.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

When I first started tuning WOT. Still had 100% of the torque management in the tuning and ran 0-60 in about 9 seconds. 3 ton van with 3.42 gears.

Awest623

Reaction score

Here's the before and after on the VE table. I didn't think my cam thru it that far off :gay:
You can definitely see where I run out of fuel too, could use some more smoothing but it's pretty good. No need to mess around with it more until I get the bigger injectors.

First pic is the stock Express van VE, second is my current VE table, and third is the VE table from the Black Bear Performance tuned black box

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This was mine when I first swapped more than 7 years ago. L31 with a factory GM LT4 cam, 1.6 rockers, shorty headers and the TB lip removed. If I remember for my startup tune all I did was remove the VATS, set the Park/Neutral switch to None, bumped up the High octane spark map and idle spark map about 4°. Was running stock VE and MAF tables at the time. Ran so smoothly even after a cold start.

When I first started tuning WOT. Still had 100% of the torque management in the tuning and ran 0-60 in about 9 seconds. 3 ton van with 3.42 gears.