1998 Z71 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only thing I am not a fan of is the swivel style aluminum thermostat housing I had to use.

You must be registered for see images attach

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
The only thing I am not a fan of is the swivel style aluminum thermostat housing I had to use.

Fits around the compressor just fine?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fits around the compressor just fine?

Clears the carb hat with the hat twisted slightly to the passenger side which barely clears the dipstick tubes and oil fill tube. The thermostat housing is a swivel with a 45* neck. It can face anywhere in a 360* arc.

You could use a TBI van neck and hose with the plenum facing the side of the engine.

Awest623

Reaction score
Clears the carb hat with the hat twisted slightly to the passenger side which barely clears the dipstick tubes and oil fill tube. The thermostat housing is a swivel with a 45* neck. It can face anywhere in a 360* arc.

You could use a TBI van neck and hose with the plenum facing the side of the engine.
Ok. I'll give it a thought if those injectors I ordered end up disappointing me. Hopefully should be fine tho. Don't really care about freeing up the intake since it'll be boosted anyways.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have short perimeter bolt cast aluminum valve covers on it. They clear the 1.7 roller rockers and .100 longer valves. Had to grind on the a/c bracket a little for clearance and run a couple of washers under that bolt head but that 4th bolt hole is still very useable. I also could not fit the traditional breather baffles. I had to go with low profile bolt on breathers.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I really recomeend these breathers though. I am seeing less oil vapor buildup than the stock GM valve covers through the PCV catch can. Might also have to do with the fact my rings are fitted very precisely. 0.014" end gaps. You could get short cast aluminum covers without holes, drill the holes for these to fit and have zero oil leaks or oil blowby from the crankcase into the intake manifold. Feel they would really help keep the oil in place once you are running boost.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-440332

Awest623

Reaction score
I really recomeend these breathers though. I am seeing less oil vapor buildup than the stock GM valve covers through the PCV catch can. Might also have to do with the fact my rings are fitted very precisely. 0.014" end gaps. You could get short cast aluminum covers without holes, drill the holes for these to fit and have zero oil leaks or oil blowby from the crankcase into the intake manifold. Feel they would really help keep the oil in place once you are running boost.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-440332
So that would go in place of traditional breathers? I'm running a normal chrome breather on one side and a pcv thru a catch can on the other.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So that would go in place of traditional breathers? I'm running a normal chrome breather on one side and a pcv thru a catch can on the other.

It goes in place of the baffles that usually bolt under the PCV holes on the inside of the valve covers. The 1" breather and PCV grommets go into these. These are only a 1/2" tall and allow you to run wide body roller rockers without the rockers smashing into the baffling. Was able to fit the 1.7 rockers under a stock height short valve cover using them and still have good PCV baffling.

Awest623

Reaction score
It goes in place of the baffles that usually bolt under the PCV holes on the inside of the valve covers. The 1" breather and PCV grommets go into these. These are only a 1/2" tall and allow you to run wide body roller rockers without the rockers smashing into the baffling. Was able to fit the 1.7 rockers under a stock height short valve cover using them and still have good PCV baffling.
Ok. Gotcha now.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Does a 4 bolt LS style TB bolt up to that marine intake? You can get cable driven throttle bodies for those.