1998 Z71 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
I posted on the "what did you do today" about new plugs and wires for my misfire code. It did not fix the issue. Even though some on the plugs were pretty nasty.
Pulled up the scanner and it was reading upwards of 80 misfires per cycle on some cylinders. No way that was true, I would have felt it.
Decided to copy over the misfire tables from the old black bear tune. It helped but was still reading misfires.
Did a little digging and decided to perform a case relearn. Turns out I never got it right the first time. Performed a proper case relearn and the detected misfires basically stopped.
Moral of the story, "I'm kind of retarded" [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Awest623

Reaction score
48lb injectors came in today. Leaving back to Korea tomorrow and the travel ban got extended again. So fingers crossed for an update in early July
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Awest623

Reaction score
Well the Army is always good at one thing, f#cking up your plans. Now I won't be back till September. Hell, they might change me up again :banghead:

Awest623

Reaction score
Don't think I ever posted photos with the new wheels and tires. Here y'all go!

You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

Awest623

Reaction score
Well I've put together a pretty good list of things to do when I get back. Mostly just engine work. AEM EGT gauge, Edelbrock e-tec 170cc heads, comp cams magnum pushrods, arp head bolts and gaskets, Taylor manifold spacer, 2 bar map sensor, pacesetter shorty headers, jegs cat-less y pipe, Flowmaster single exit cat back exhaust, TRE performance 255lph pump, and an AC delco transmission filter kit. Oh, and the Whipple is going on with the stock pully.

I don't plan on running any charge cooling system until I swap down to a smaller pulley, but I'll just have to see what the intake temps look like. Eventually I do plan on running one the Snow stage 2.5 meth systems.

Anyone have any experience with the e-tec heads? I was gonna run the AFR vortecs but the 190cc runners seem a little too big for me. I think the 170cc e-tecs would be more suitable but if anyone wants to chime in I'd appreciate it.

Awest623

Reaction score
In all honesty either intake is easy peasy to remove the blower, but cheaper is always good.

Do you tune with HP tuners? Any chance I could take a peak at your file? I think I have a pretty good 2 bar starter tune made up but I'd love to see someone else's to compare with.

Dunno if you saw in my other threads but I've decided against new heads. Just gonna throw the Whipple and long tubes on and call it good. Might worry about an intercooler or water-meth later but I'll just have to see how it goes.

Awest623

Reaction score
I hate that my pictures keep breaking, my fault for moving stuff around but I wish I could go back and edit the old posts with new pictures

Awest623

Reaction score
Do you tune with HP tuners? Any chance I could take a peak at your file? I think I have a pretty good 2 bar starter tune made up but I'd love to see someone else's to compare with.

Dunno if you saw in my other threads but I've decided against new heads. Just gonna throw the Whipple and long tubes on and call it good. Might worry about an intercooler or water-meth later but I'll just have to see how it goes.

Mostly worried about the PE tables, but I'd like to see what you're running for spark as well.
Here's what I got so far: *PE TPS at 25% across the board

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I used EFILive. If you haven't yet added any timing the thing will probably be happy as is and you can work on adding timing where it wants it. My tunes are on my laptop, can get to them later.

Awest623

Reaction score
I used EFILive. If you haven't yet added any timing the thing will probably be happy as is and you can work on adding timing where it wants it. My tunes are on my laptop, can get to them later.

Yeah, I was just about to start working on the timing when they said I had to leave. I've pulled a couple degrees out of it in anticipation. Not afraid to pull more out if I get spark knock