1998 Z71 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
Yeah it does, I just pulled the Whipple and the inlet is at a shop getting modified. The outlet is in my garage slowly getting hogged out. I lost less than 1mpg with the blower, so don't let the gas prices scare you. It'll make way more power with a 411.
Where do the spacers go? The ones you mentioned earlier

Awest623

Reaction score
Truck is currently in the shop. Getting a new moog idler arm, idler arm bracket, pitman arm, dorman rag joint, a bluetop steering box, spyder glass headlights, and a couple other goodies. Getting it ready for a 3,000 mile road trip in June.

Awest623

Reaction score
The mechanic is also tracing down my squishy brake pedal (probably abs) and looking for any other major issues.

Awest623

Reaction score
ABS, old fluid, and out of adjustment brakes will all contribute to this.
I've messed with it before. New brakes, adjusted myself, new fluid of course. It's gotta be a problem in the abs system. Either improperly bled or leaking/stuck valves. I also have a wheel speed sensor out somewhere. Kinda scary when the abs randomly kicks in for no reason. Been running it with abs unplugged because of that. Mechanic should get it sorted out tho. At least I hope so.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Awest623

Reaction score
More goodies waiting for me back home. I'll be undoing the ball joint flip to correct the angles and lowering the front end closer to stock. 2.5" rear block will be replaced with 1". 265/70r17 KO2s mounted on new wheels. New shocks all around and a couple other things. Can't wait till June!
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Awest623

Reaction score
Welp, thank to a little luck and an amazing girlfriend, I now have my truck for a couple weeks. Of course I got back to working on the truck the second she left :33:.

List of things completed: undid the ball joint flip, replaced the 2" blocks with 1" blocks, lowered the front down to an acceptable height, replaced tires and wheels with 265/70r17, reinstalled the sway bar with new links and bushings, installed a new air dam, installed new running boards, replaced the shocks with new Bilstein 4600, installed new window visors, and got an alignment.

Before the truck got to me it was in a shop getting a new steering box, pitman and idler arms, new rag joint, brake work, a new HVAC control panel, a new 4x4 switch, a new headlight switch, and new Spyder glass headlights.

Drives better than it ever has, like a new truck.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Awest623

Reaction score
For the first time since buying this truck, I now have working cruise control! Got a module from the junk yard after having no luck with the past two I've tried. Bought a new switch just in case, still gonna throw it in since the old one is pretty worn down.

I gotta say again how great this thing rides now. Having a working sway bar with good poly bushings is a game changer. Coupled with a new front end and new shocks, it rides and steers like a brand new truck.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Awest623

Reaction score
New turn signal stalk in. Looking good

Awest623

Reaction score
Slapped in a phone mount with wireless charging for my new phone. Walmart special. Pretty solid and works great. Also, my dash is pretty busted now. Looking at the Dashskin molded cover to fix it. Seems better than all the other options. Also an excuse to paint it black and start turning the rest of the interior black. Wanting to throw in that metra double din bezel as well.