1998 Yukon and 1999 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98YukonBeast

Reaction score
Are 1998 GMC Yukon SLTs and 1999 Tahoe LT compatible? I found a donor 99 Tahoe LT but am seeing and finding conflicting information.

98YukonBeast

Reaction score
Transmission and transfer case. Braking components. Potentially redoing everything underneath the vehicle to transplant to mine if needed. And I mean everything. Driveshafts and all. My 98 Yukon has almost 400k miles on it and it’s rough.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Both are 4wd I'm assuming? I've never done this first hand but I want to say yes. However in 99 I've heard they changed something with the heater core hoses. Not sure but it will be obvious. The transfer case and rear end should be plug in play... however LOOK inside the glove compartment and confirm axle ratios. It's possible 1 or both are g80. The ID will also tell you if there 342 or 373... brakes are the same , abs is the same, and trans should be the same but confirm connections. Meaning the actuator for the transfer case.
Like anything else confirm plugs basically. Mechanically it's interchangeable

98YukonBeast

Reaction score
Both are 4wd I'm assuming? I've never done this first hand but I want to say yes. However in 99 I've heard they changed something with the heater core hoses. Not sure but it will be obvious. The transfer case and rear end should be plug in play... however LOOK inside the glove compartment and confirm axle ratios. It's possible 1 or both are g80. The ID will also tell you if there 342 or 373... brakes are the same , abs is the same, and trans should be the same but confirm connections. Meaning the actuator for the transfer case.
Like anything else confirm plugs basically. Mechanically it's interchangeable
Yes. Both are 4wd

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There not exactly the same. Yes many parts are the same, and have been for any where from 5 to 20 years depending on part.
There is no blanket " yes or no " answers.