1998 3 wire fuel sending unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Natedawwg

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 98 tahoe 2 door 3 wire connector for the sending unit grey black and green and the new pump came with an adapter with orange/black- grey- purple- black what do i connect to each other cant find diagrams any were

JOHNGAAA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The new pumps come with a four wire connector. You need to cut the harness and splice in the new connector. There are usually instructions included with the pump. I am hoping you bought a DELCO pump or you will be sorry. The new connector corrects a grounding issue.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sending unit, fuel level or fuel pump, pump electric power?

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 98 tahoe 2 door 3 wire connector for the sending unit grey black and green and the new pump came with an adapter with orange/black- grey- purple- black what do i connect to each other cant find diagrams any were
Stop.

3-wire connector is for the fuel tank pressure sensor, NOT the fuel pump.

The fuel pump connector is a 4-wire connector.

If you have a 3-wire connector, you should also see another 4-wire connector on top of the fuel tank. That is for the fuel pump.

You will need to splice the pigtail supplied with the new fuel pump onto the stock fuel pump harness in place of the 4-wire connector.

Assuming the 1998 and 1999 schematics are the same, then:

Stock connector (Aptiv/Delphi Metri-Pack 150):

You must be registered for see images attach

Aftermarket connector (Delphi/Aptiv GT280):

The connector image above (for the GT 280 connector) assumes you were going to re-pin the stock wiring and insert those stock wires into the GT 280 connector. In your case, you're going to splice in a new pigtail which will have different colors, but you can use the connector view to figure out the rest.

Edit: Some pics I found on the internet which should match the pigtail you have:

Last edited: