1997 Sierra k1500. Need ideas for more customizing. Help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gilderbeast

Reaction score
Hello I am new to this forum stuff and I want to turn my truck somewhat into a mudder. Im looking for a 6inch suspension lift, some type of posi or locker, 35 inch tires, and performance enhancements to my 350 vortec engine and give me some ideas that I can add to my truck. Thanks!

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
:welcome: Pics are in high demand here...

Gilderbeast

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach
I also got rid of the projectors and went to HID's

Blazed

The Blazed One
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Nice truck ya got there.
Basically the most popular lift kit around here is the RCX 6". Made by Rough Country. Its a 4 inch kit that can be cranked to 6" That way you can pick the setting you like.

Gilderbeast

Reaction score
Yeah I've been looking at reviews of the 6" all day. How do the cv axles hold up with the kit or do you have to do some modifications?

Blazed

The Blazed One
Reaction score
Well the less you crank the better your angles are gonna be and they wont wear out as fast, but a lot of guy on here run the 6" just fine.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If really planning on turning it into a mudding rig, skip the IFS lift and do a SAS. Atleast then you will have better flex and ability to run a locker.

Defintly upgrade the rear axle from a 10 bolt to a 9.5" 14 bolt, with a good locker, no G80. The biggest gain in performance will come from the right gears, 4.88's if just offroad get my vote or 4.56 if still get drove daily. I had good luck offroad with my 6" superlift and 35's, never broke anything but did eat through plenty of front end parts, balljoints, wheel bearings, CV boots.

Gilderbeast

Reaction score
My truck came with the 14 bolt and the 9.5" so i got that covered. I kind of want to put a locker (Eaton E locker) in. How good are these?

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
With the 6" rcx lift, you will need to get the exhaust redone as well. Super clean truck.