1997 gmc yukon idle acting up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nicksuspect

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

nicksuspect

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

nicksuspect

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How's it going guys. So we got the truck up and running sounds great but I got a couple of codes popping up p1345 and p0300. FYI on this new crate I changed the distributor and the crankshaft position sensor along with the pigtail for the crankshaft position sensor. I checked the reading for misfire on each cylinder and 6 shows alot of misfires went up to about 97 misfires. Weird thing is 7 and 8 show n/a. While 1 through 5 show 0 misfire. I didn't change the wires or the spark plugs because the spark plugs where brand new. My brother thinks it could of off a tooth in timing. I was getting alot of white smoke out the exhaust. Weird thing is it doesn't sound like is misfiring and it shows that we have it a 0 cam retard. Was idling perfect

nicksuspect

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I took the spark plug out to cylinder 6 and 8 to make sure it wasn't coolant in the engine and they came out fine not wet or fouled. It didn't overheat it. It was at temperature the whole time we had it idling. When the flashing check engine light turned on we shut it off. Also before I did the engine swap on this same thread I did test on my new fuel injectors and it all passed so I'm at a loss of what it could be. Ima try to change the wires again since they have warranty. My brother says the white smoke could be caused by the condensation since the exhaust was exposed to the fog and elements from when the engine was out. Since I had the exhaust just hanging there.

nicksuspect

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So after checking some stuff out. We found out the timing was incorrect re-adjusted the timing set to 0 cam retard and now the white smoke is gone and no more mis fire codes or p1345 code. Sounds real real good