1996 Chevrolet c3500HD CrewCab BEAST - Junkyard Rescue Take II

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Hey! That green is our green you stay away from that... that colour is reserved for something cool, like a 6-71 or something
Sacred cow burgers taste awesome, though.

When I still had my '94 C2500LD I had thought about LS-swapping it, and then the idea dawned on me to Hemi-swap it instead. Get a whole drivetrain pull from a wrecked SRT8 and go to town with it. Just no time or space for that kind of a project right now, but it sure would piss off a lot of "purists" and be a hell of a lot of fun to drive. :D It would be everything I could do to resist sneaking in an SRT8 badge somewhere on the truck...while my usual theme would be a total debadge anyway. Nothing outside to give away the secret until the hood is popped.

Richard

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Sacred cow burgers taste awesome, though.

When I still had my '94 C2500LD I had thought about LS-swapping it, and then the idea dawned on me to Hemi-swap it instead. Get a whole drivetrain pull from a wrecked SRT8 and go to town with it. Just no time or space for that kind of a project right now, but it sure would piss off a lot of "purists" and be a hell of a lot of fun to drive. :D It would be everything I could do to resist sneaking in an SRT8 badge somewhere on the truck...while my usual theme would be a total debadge anyway. Nothing outside to give away the secret until the hood is popped.

Richard

That's evil.
But sounds badass. It'd be like the Blasphemi on Roadkill,

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Twins would be nice but one at a time. I'd recommend the apr head studs but they aren't cheap as you know. But if u ever do plan on getting some big numbers you'll have to get em. I have quite a list of parts for my future 12v build an it's not cheap. Hopefully some of the trucks you'll be picking up have some parts you can grab.

Jermu

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You wouldn't by chance have gotten this build further..? After reading the whole thread, I'm in a dire need of an update, you can't just stop like that :(:D