Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a 1995 suburban, and recently I discovered it had rear ac. I was never able to get it to work so I figured whoever installed the new ac compressor that was on it when I bought it charged it wrong. Today I drained and recharged the refrigerant but nothing has changed. The front ac is blowing colder but the rear ac still has no cooling ability. I looked at the low pressure lines coming out of the compressor and the one going to the front ac was frosty but the one going to the rear ac was just room temperature. I’m wondering if it’s the wrong compressor but I really have no idea. Please let me know if you know anything.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On your over head console are there 3 switches?( blower,temp,position) also follow the lines from the engine bay to under the truck to the far rear. All located passenger side. Make sure there hooked up and not plugged off. If you have dual climate zone then you should have a rear expansion valve in the rear. It's under the trim you should see slots for the blower motor when you open the door on the right side. I would switch that if you haven't but first make sure the rear blower and positions work. Also be aware the rear ac lines on the burbs love to freeze up becarful not to break or strip anything.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Btw what I'm talking about. Also how many oz did you put in? My 98 took 64oz but that's 124r. I'm not sure if 95 did 124r or was r12? Last where you get the compressor?

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Sawlty

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious if you had any luck with your rear air expansion valve.

I’m about to have to do this myself.

Thanks