1995 K2500 Utility Truck Daily Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonathonar89

Reaction score
Hello,

Somewhat new to this forum but not to GMT400's so I thought I'd share for the first time since I just bought a truck this weekend. I sold my '97 C1500 last month and wasn't planning on buying a vehicle but........454, 4wd and the box bed is really got me intrigued on this one so I went to go look at and purchased. This thing was brutally dirty from construction/carpenter work and really not cared for that much so I've spent the past weekend cleaning it up like crazy. Still have much more detailing and cleaning to do though.

K2500 Box Truck, 454, and 4wd. Red paint with red interior.

$1800 initial price and have done the following in this first week...
-5 Hummer H2 wheels $280
-BFG KO2 265/70-17 tires $1035
-Oil, filter, engine filter and Bosch wipers $95

Before I actually start driving it, I need an alignment and any accompanying parts that need service replaced up front. This truck has really added up in cost quick but I'm happy with it so far. I plan on doing the spark plugs and wires fairly soon as well.

Before/After on wheels...
You must be registered for see images attach
Untitled by Jonathon Randolph, on Flickr

Untitled by Jonathon Randolph, on Flickr

More to come...

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Ha, that's not what I'd call a box truck. I saw the title and thought you were daily driving a truck with a roll up door :D

Take a look at your frame up front. I recently twisted a tow hook because the frame is rusting through in front of the suspension.

What color is the interior?

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haha, me too. I was expecting to see one of these. Wondering what the heck would make someone want to DD one of these, unless you work for DHL or something like that. Nice truck, wheels and tires sure make a difference. I once worked at a used car lot. We had a blue Chevy Chevette that wouldn't sell. I finally convinced the boss to put some nice wheels and new tires on it, it sold the next day.

jonathonar89

Reaction score
Just did the first oil change today. Went with Synthetic because I wasn’t sure what has been in this thing before. Oil pressure is showing straight up on the gauge (slightly better than before). Slight smoking from reving the engine has gone away as well.

How about this for an air filter? This engines was probably choking to death. Previous owner probably never replaced it. I guess this what happens when you don’t replace or maintain an oiled K&N filter.

jonathonar89

Reaction score
Should hopefully be getting this hog back tomorrow. Took it to my local Goodyear shop for an alignment. We ended up deciding on having them install new upper control arms and replace the lower ball joints before doing an alignment. They noticed the driver side upper/lower joints were bad.

New issue that popped up was they noticed it was smelling like gas. I topped the tank off for the first time before taking it there. We’ll see it that is the next thing to be replaced.

jonathonar89

Reaction score
Haha, we’ll see about the engine Ryan. I can imagine the one you have kicks ass!

Building up the BBC TBI engine with some aluminum heads and intake also sounds fun. I haven’t really seen anyone do that.

We shall see. For now, doing a tuneup and making sure it’s driveable is most important.