1995 Eclipse 4 cyl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lordkay972

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I'll keep it or if I'll flip it, but here it is.
You must be registered for see images

It's a crappy picture, I know. I'll get better ones when I pick it up (maybe tomorrow). I payed $400 for it, but it had a date on the title transfer and it's already been over 90 days, so I'll have a transfer fee there.

Current problems:
Does not run. It will turn over, I'm hoping that it has a bad coil pack.

Acc belt came off for one reason or another, need to figure out how and put a new belt on.

Interior is alright, couple rips in driver seat. Missing radio bezel. If I flip it, probably won't worry about this.

Passenger door only opens from inside.

Hood is f ing hard to open, not sure why yet.

Has the wrong radiator in it apparently and the electric fans were spliced in. Have to get a radiator and figure out the wiring.

Has a jank push to start so I might have to uninstall that.

To be continued...

Kuma

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
SELL IT!!! Looks like a 420A. I bought 2 of them for $600, ended up with one running and it was the slowest vehicle I've ever driven. There are 3 requirements to owning a DSM.

Must be turbo
Must be AWD
Must love to work on cars because you're going to be working on it as much as you're going to be driving it.

jt1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
correct me if i'm wrong but the GSX has the 4g63t? or is that the 1G only? neat cars though

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
I'm not very eclipse savvy but I believe the 1st and 2nd gen dsms both gst and gsx had the 4g63t

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Lordkay972

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have no clue what a 4g63t is. I got the thing running tho! I also bought another one for parts ($400). Lol after I get everything off the parts car I got a guy that'll buy it for $300 I imagine the first one should be worth as much as 1500 (if I'm lucky) but I'm hoping to get at least 1100 out of it.
+300

600 profits at least! Then I can buy another crappy car! :D

I have ocd (old car disease)

Kuma

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
if it runs and drives good, and the interior is not too bad, and the radio works, it's worth at least $1500 to someone, but I'd start at $2000 and let them talk you down.

4g63 is the good motor that came in some eclipses, talons, lasers, and most popular the evo's. the 4g63t is just signifying that it's turbo'd. although it is the good dsm motor, it still has its flaws and there are a couple variations in 4g63 engines. I'm not sure all the details as it is my roommate that built a first gen talon with a built stroked turbo'd 4g63, not me... I just helped turn a few wrenches and absorbed a little along the way. I do know they are susceptible to crank walk, but you can fix that somehow when rebuilding it.

Last edited: