1995 c3500 lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

avargas

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

While I had the pan off I checked some main bearings to see what kind of shape they were in. They have some wear, but for close to 300,000 and having outstanding oil pressure I'm not even going to mess with them right now. Also checked crank shaft end play and I am at .007 spec is .005-.011. Went ahead and cleaned the pan in and out really good. Bought a new felpro rubber gasket and rear main seal. shot some silly cone (yes I know it's spelt wrong but thats what I call it) in the front and rear seal guides and hauled a$$ to bolt the pan back on. Installed new rear main. I didn't get a picture of final assembly

avargas

Reaction score

My monster in a box showed up, and I got right to work. Didn't take many pics during reassembly. Changing all the bushings and resealing the Pistons took a full evening and was a serious trial of my patience. In the end I won and everything worked out. Took me all day Saturday to reassemble the rotating group. Spent part of Sunday reworking the valve body. Drilled my new separator plate for the shift correctness, and installed all new solenoids, switch, and harness. Finished it off with new filter, gasket. All in all this kit was pretty complete with some good parts and upgrades. Now just to put it in.

avargas

Reaction score

After wrestling the transmission back underneath the truck I finally got her all bolted back up to the engine. I'm interested to see how firm it shifts after installing the kit.

avargas

Reaction score

Pulled the truck out of the garage finally. Took it for a test drive transmission shifted excellent just keeps pulling when it shifts no more doggy soft shifts.
Rear end is quiet.
Steering is a whole lot more responsive than before.
Rides like a 1 ton still.
Installed a LED back up light and some tow mirrors so the kids will approve.
Going to be stripping that $hitty under body stuff off the dually fenders. I guess if you like the never clean look you spray that crap on. It's a real sum ***** to get off. Stay tuned

avargas

Reaction score

Getting the under coating off the fenders was a major pain in the
a$$. I used 2 cans of oven cleaner, sos pads, and a power washer to strip fenders. After all the stripping took place I found some cracks and holes. Had to re glass the damage and bondo the imperfections. If you like sanding over and over then this is a really fun job. After all the repairs were made it was time to prime the fenders. That really showed all the high low spots. More sanding yay. Finally shot the victory red base coat and then cleared them. Waited a day then mounted them. They turned out good and I'm excited to see it with the 33's on it.

Last edited:

avargas

Reaction score

Well, there you have it folks after allot of work and some serious coin the 285 75 16 bfg ko2 are on and aligned. No rubbing no trimming and no loud noises. P.s. I'll probably be taking those polyurethane body mounts off and putting new rubber ones on. every little vibration can be felt in the cab, and I think it's going to loosen everything up in the cab. Don't think the urethane cab mounts are worth it, rubbers are much better feeling. Lol