Bagged and bodied 99 c3500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
New camshaft position sensor cap and rotor installed. Fired right up and ran smoother than ever.
Thanks for the help.
Yup that cap n rotor looked nasty. I've seen that, where the more difficult bolt/screw to reinstall, gets left off. It's tight enough clearances back there on a 5.7, I can only imagine how much fun(NOT) a 7.4 is. They don't call em big blocks for nothing.....
On my Burb,back in September '18, I was getting it ready for our trip to Louisiana, taking care of some things over Labor Day weekend. Wouldn't fire, would barely crank. Replaced the rotor and crankshaft position sensor, happy Burb fired right up.

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yup that cap n rotor looked nasty. I've seen that, where the more difficult bolt/screw to reinstall, gets left off. It's tight enough clearances back there on a 5.7, I can only imagine how much fun(NOT) a 7.4 is. They don't call em big blocks for nothing.....
On my Burb,back in September '18, I was getting it ready for our trip to Louisiana, taking care of some things over Labor Day weekend. Wouldn't fire, would barely crank. Replaced the rotor and crankshaft position sensor, happy Burb fired right up.
Turns out it wasn't left out, I wrote that before getting too far in. The tab with the screw in it was broken off. So I still jad to take it out but it was much easier with the cap out of the way.
Thanks again.

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@ROYALTYFORGE how are things going on this build? Being that we are in the Midwest, sometimes the weather can slow things up. I know my projects are wrapped up for the winter…
Build wise I'm not doing much, the weather is getting bitter around here so I haven't tore into it. I've just been cruising it around here and there. I made a real mess of the shop so I've been taking time to get that back into a workable space and looking into building a bigger one.
At the same time planning alot for the bodydrop, interior, and collecting some tools and materials that I will need.

I am looking for a bit if advice, I am upgrading my air compressor but the one I will be getting is an 80 gallon standing about 6 feet. They will load it in my other truck with a forklift but I have no idea how to get it out, my engine hoist won't raise tall enough to lift it, and again, I don't have friends to come help. Any thoughts?
You must be registered for see images attach

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
I am looking for a bit if advice, I am upgrading my air compressor but the one I will be getting is an 80 gallon standing about 6 feet. They will load it in my other truck with a forklift but I have no idea how to get it out, my engine hoist won't raise tall enough to lift it, and again, I don't have friends to come help. Any thoughts?
Can you have them lay it down in the bed, with the bottom at the back of the truck? When you get home, hook your hoist to, or toward the the bottom. Slide the compressor off the back of the truck, and set the bottom of the tank on the floor, you could probably stand it up on your own.

I've used this method on many occassions, where I was physically unable to pick something up.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd lay a sheet of plywood under it so it's less scratchy on the bed, and maybe will slide as needed when you need to pull it off.
To expand on this one.
Get it laid down when loaded(on plywood).
When your get home, lift the plywood up at the tailgate and throw a section of pipe underneath it and roll it out, repeat as needed until the tipping point and stand that **** up.