Bagged and bodied 99 c3500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nope to all of those.
I did swap out the fuse (not broken) and I got the cap rotor and sensor.
That cap and rotor look like it's going to be a *****.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
LOL... I use a big sofa cushion to lay on up there, and cover the hood latch with something for when I slide back off
Yup you definitely want to cover the hood latch!!! I had that ruin a pair of pants when I got up on the core support to look at something (and being a girl I had a lot less to injure there, but it was still eye opening!).

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Getting up there is one thing, Getting a tool to magically land in the torx bolts that hold that cap on is something else entirely.
I even took the hood off and still unable to make any progress.

Keeper

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LOL... good luck with it! Magnetic torx screwdrivers are a must. I recently used a magnet on a stick behind the intake to retrieve a nut that rolled off the cowl... it came back with two torx bolts... still new and blue. They are now saved for future use, and will be needed I'm sure.

And on a side note.... switched side mirrors a while back, which inherently requires fishing dropped nuts out of inside of door. Magnet came back with a rusty pair of pliers that the po must have been using to put the ugly tow mirrors on with. :)

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LOL... good luck with it! Magnetic torx screwdrivers are a must. I recently used a magnet on a stick behind the intake to retrieve a nut that rolled off the cowl... it came back with two torx bolts... still new and blue. They are now saved for future use, and will be needed I'm sure.

And on a side note.... switched side mirrors a while back, which inherently requires fishing dropped nuts out of inside of door. Magnet came back with a rusty pair of pliers that the po must have been using to put the ugly tow mirrors on with. :)
Do you have to loosen and turn the distibutor to get to the front torx that is under the intake?