1995 C1500 ECSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick_R_23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys! Made another unintended purchase this week! I picked up a 1980 C10 RCSB up in Fairbanks this past weekend, and the seller asked me to deliver a part to his friend back in Anchorage on my way down. When I delivered the part, the guy asked me if I knew much about Chevy trucks, and asked if I could take a look at one he had. After a brief inspection, he said he was done working on it and just wanted it gone. I asked how much, and the reply was “$500 cash! Get it out of here!!” I wasn’t going to argue!

You must be registered for see images attach

The story was that it was driving down the road and the engine cut out and he was never able to get it to restart. Adding fuel didn’t change anything, and he replaced the distributor and coil and called it quits. Getting it ready to pick up!

Coming home!

After installing a battery, it cranked over well with 60 psi oil pressure. A friend verified that fuel was present out the injectors, so the next step is ignition. Since the injectors were spraying, I ruled out the new distributor, and checked power at the coil, which was 12 volts. Then, I realized one of the wires from the coil to distributor jumper has been cut. I soldered it back together, and she fired up with no hesitation!

So I haven’t had a whole lot of time to look it over in detail, but it’s a 1995 C1500, 4.3L V6, 118,000 miles, has a lowering shackle (0/1 right now), and Centerline wheels. Overall, the body is very clean. My goal is to clean it up and have it as a summer cruiser. Replace the headlights and taillights, probably new wheels and tires (thinking 15x10 Aero wheels) clean up the exhaust, maybe lower the rear another inch. I’m sure there will be a few surprises along the way, but other than that, I don’t think it will need much!

Nick_R_23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did a little bit of work on it today. I had noticed the TBI looked pretty crusty, so a rebuild was in order.

Noticed this too. Oops.

All back together. I ran it for a while and knew the outlet fitting on the water pump was leaking and could smell coolant, but after a minute or so of warming up, it dumps out some fairly heavy white smoke. I guess I’m looking at a head gasket job next weekend!

Nick_R_23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Last night I ordered a Felpro top end gasket set and a set of head bolts, new air filter, and new coolant line fittings. Hopefully it’s just the gaskets and not the heads, but I have access to a parts motor if it’s needed. Once I get off work for the weekend Thursday evening, I’ll start stripping the top end and getting it cleaned up, as the set should arrive Friday or Saturday.

I’m also considering my wheel options since I’m not super attached to the Centerlines, and the front left one has a pretty decent bend on the lip. I thought about the same Torque Thrust D 15x10 setup as I did on my last C1500, but I didn’t think those wheels would match very well since the truck will largely be Tan and Black. Cragar Soft 8’s or some similar variation crossed my mind, but ultimately I think I want to go with an Aero 50 series 15x10 and matching lug nuts. Most likely Cooper Cobra 275/60R15 all around with the letters in.

Very similar look to this:

You must be registered for see images