1994 K2500 No start after driving and up to temp.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78Monte

Reaction score

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I see the spectra and Duralast both have GM-04 in the part number.. Is there a chance they are the same Distributor?

Now I'm kinda nervous about that Duralast..

RockAuto Has The OEM Delco (Reman) with no cap and rotor for 217.00 plus shipping..

Decisions, Decisions..

It's not uncommon for aftermarket parts to either be labeled as or carry part of the oem part number. It's not that difficult to do the pick up coil.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Really seems like a heat soak problem.
But, sometimes what seems like heat soak is actually a contact or ground problem.
Sometimes relays and switches will "spot fuse" together and short untill they cool and release.
Its a kinda bizzarro problem but it happens.
The common example is ford starter solenoids that weld themselves together and cause a "no release over run"
Then they work just fine when they cool
Because that power gets cut off, and it cools, and it pops back.
Think of it this way, The world wants you to get a bus pass.
Fuckem
Drive a Chevy.

78Monte

Reaction score
It's not uncommon for aftermarket parts to either be labeled as or carry part of the oem part number. It's not that difficult to do the pick up coil.

I've never torn a distributor apart and rebuilt before but maybe I should give it a try.. I still haven't ordered anything just been reading..

One Thing that has me nervous about the AC Delco reman is the reviews on amazon.. Most say they were shipped units with "used" ICM's and were no good..

Does this unit really not come with a new ICM? I find that pretty insane if so..

I found the OEM complete unit new for 500.00+

DUI is on backorder through Summit till 12/31/2020

Who makes NAPA units? would these be worth looking at?

At this point a guy may have no choice but to rebuild.. but what happens when you can't get quality parts to rebuild anything with?

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've never torn a distributor apart and rebuilt before but maybe I should give it a try.. I still haven't ordered anything just been reading..

One Thing that has me nervous about the AC Delco reman is the reviews on amazon.. Most say they were shipped units with "used" ICM's and were no good..

Does this unit really not come with a new ICM? I find that pretty insane if so..

I found the OEM complete unit new for 500.00+

DUI is on backorder through Summit till 12/31/2020

Who makes NAPA units? would these be worth looking at?

At this point a guy may have no choice but to rebuild.. but what happens when you can't get quality parts to rebuild anything with?
That my freind is exactly the problem we face in the future.
After joining this forum I know that whatever whack **** this thing throws at me, somebody here will bail me out.
The curveball in all of this is that Chinese **** parts are screwing up the awesome knowledge base.
A lot of people on this forum know exactly what is wrong.
But they cant tarrot card whether you new crap part is also a piece of ****.
Become a parts raider
It's a lot easier up here in the PNW
We can pick parts like apples off a tree.
No rust,
Take a day or two every couple of months.
Get your wrecking yard bag together.
Find the fresh trucks.
And strip every damn thing off of them before they get crushed.
If it says GM or Delco or Delphi?
Snag that ****

78Monte

Reaction score
UPDATE.. Said screw it and Grabbed the Duralast Gold Dizzy, Threw it in this morning and she's running like a top.. After I buttoned everything up I took it for a cruise brought it home and shut her down waited a half hour and she fired up instantly..

I'm still gonna keep the stock unit and rebuild it sometime just incase this new one ever gives me problems.

I'll update if this Duralast unit ever has issues and include time and miles the unit lasted.
Thanks to those replied.