1994 GMC Sierra Ls Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
It's usually the 03+ PCM's that require the 1k ohm resistor and 12v boost lead. Try yours straight up first and see if it works. You'll need to be sure the tuning in the PCM for the tach output is correct as well.

RolandoLowko

Reaction score
It's usually the 03+ PCM's that require the 1k ohm resistor and 12v boost lead. Try yours straight up first and see if it works. You'll need to be sure the tuning in the PCM for the tach output is correct as well.
So i got it to work but the RPM's are super low like at 200-300RPM:shrug:

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
so i wired the Tach but its like 1000rpm off i rev it up the tach moves smoothly up you think im going to need to add that resistor?:Frustrated:
What I am saying is there is a setting in the PCM tune that calibrates the tach signal output to the instruments. You need to determine what that setting is. Do you have HPTuners, or know a tuner in your area?

RolandoLowko

Reaction score
What I am saying is there is a setting in the PCM tune that calibrates the tach signal output to the instruments. You need to determine what that setting is. Do you have HPTuners, or know a tuner in your area?
No i dont but the tuner said it was set to 4cyl mode

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
Gotcha, try the resistor according to that link I posted above and see if that helps.