1994+ CK Parts and Illustration Manuals Soft Copy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

858895Chevy

Reaction score
I have a 1995 K1500 w/ 120K miles that I bought brand new.

I am looking for a CK Truck Parts and Illustration Manual that covers 1995. I have printed and PDF copies of the 1988-1991 and 1992-1993 CK truck Parts and Illustration Manuals, but GM quit making paper copies starting in 1994 so I have been unable to find one that covers 1994+.

I did get a set of Microfiche films for the 1992-1996 and 1997-2002 CK truck versions, but an archive place wants like $1000 to make a PDF of the microfiche films. (The 1992-1996 version has 49 film sheet with roughly 7500 scans.)

Does anyone know or have access to, or know where I can buy a soft version of the 1992-1996 CK Truck Parts and Illustration Catalog?

hatzie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you. I have the fiche copies of the later T400 & the T800 CK G & P parts and illustration manuals along with a nice NOS full size Bell & Howell reader but that just covers me.
If you need a reader look on evilbay for local pickup Microfiche readers near you. After receiving a smashed Apple II GS, a crunched up GS external Hard drive, and a badly damaged Commodore 1802 monitor I wouldn't trust seller packaged units.

The old SCSI interface Canon and Minolta fiche/film scanners show up on the used market. With an $8,000 + new pricetag they're still usually priced around a grand.
A very hot place will freeze over 12' deep before I buy another Canon product so that narrows the field a bit.
Once I have a working machine I'll get to go on a scavenger hunt for a compatible PCI SCSI card, Assuming my Adaptec 2940 isn't compatible. The Minolta SCSI drivers might be dicey to find but I can likely get ISO images of the original CDs.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Random question for anyone... Are microfilm readers compatible with microfiche?

I know nothing about either, but there are a couple of microfilm readers up on my local FB marketplace for $20. At least one of them looks like it has a tray for fiche.

Vanishing Point

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The digital lens on the microfilm reader enlarges the image, allowing you to read the contents. Microfiche is a card made of transparent film used to store printed information in miniaturized form. To read the card, one places it under the lens of a microfiche reader machine, which magnifies it.They are commonly available in two different formats: microfilm and microfiche. Microfilm is a reel of 16mm or 35mm film. Microfiche is a flat sheet of images. Both types of microform may be viewed using the readers at your local Library if they are still available.

hatzie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Random question for anyone... Are microfilm readers compatible with microfiche?

I know nothing about either, but there are a couple of microfilm readers up on my local FB marketplace for $20. At least one of them looks like it has a tray for fiche.
Some do both types of film and some do not.
Microfilm are spools of celluloid, I've seen 16mm & 35mm but there are likely other sizes.
Microfiche are cards of the same type of material. It's similar to a photo negative. 24X COM and 48X COM microfiche are very common.

Commercial Film and Fiche Readers date back to at least the 1920's and the technology dates back at least to 1859.
Readers from the 50's-1990's are similar in size to an 18" CRT television. There's no electronics in an old fashioned microfilm or microfiche reader. It's basically a compact film projector with a means to rotate or slide the film between the magnifying lens & a lamp and a screen to project the magnified image onto.

If you're looking to buy one get it local pickup. Bring a slide to test the unit you're buying. If you can't test the unit walk away. They're too fragile to put up with being shipped if they aren't packed in the original box.

Electronic readers do exist that will print or digitize images, usually from both types of film. They're $$$$$ even on the used market.
This is a Microfiche reader. You can see the glass plate carrier for the Microfiche slides.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

eran tomer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

pay attention that is doesn't relate to years. for instance in the 1992-1996 you'll have to figure out what's relevant for your car.

hatzie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The GM parts books certainly do tell what years the parts are intended to be used on.

If you want to know what will interchange for you and how to make it fit you're going to have to get access to the Hollander database or find yourself an old set of Hollander microfiche slides or books.

I've honestly never seen any of those in the wild.

In another life when I was much younger I had a buddy that worked in a salvage yard. We were able to go in early on Saturday mornings and get access to the books and microfiche. This was before the age of digital cameras and these cute little phones you can stick in your pocket. I had a spiral bound notebook to take notes in.

Last edited: