1994 C3500 350 Spun rod bearing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Why does someone have to prove a negative?
You prove that you're right!

Because my stance was fairly common knowledge. Not only that, I'd already proven I was right. You clearly did not read my posts.

Got a 110k mile engine out of the '94 2 door Tahoe for $500.

I plan to do the oil pan, rear main seal, and intake gasket while it's out. I will also do the tbi mods (no cruise on my truck so that will be easy).

Now that there was a significant amount of $ saved vs a rebuild a cam swap is tempting

Even a stock Vortec cam is an upgrade and plays nice with the restrictive intake and heads. I want to say lift is in the .380" range on the intake side for a TBI.

Last edited:

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got a 110k mile engine out of the '94 2 door Tahoe for $500.

I plan to do the oil pan, rear main seal, and intake gasket while it's out. I will also do the tbi mods (no cruise on my truck so that will be easy).

Now that there was a significant amount of $ saved vs a rebuild a cam swap is tempting
Since your gonna do the intake when the motors out anyways.. at 110k miles I would, just for piece of mind, do the head gaskets too and send the heads out to get a valve job and new seal. The valve job and new seals are easy to do yourself though if don't want to send them out. That's just what I'd do as an, I've got it out and they are easier to do when the motors out and the intakes coming off already, job....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

tanman_2006

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since your gonna do the intake when the motors out anyways.. at 110k miles I would, just for piece of mind, do the head gaskets too and send the heads out to get a valve job and new seal. The valve job and new seals are easy to do yourself though if don't want to send them out. That's just what I'd do as an, I've got it out and they are easier to do when the motors out and the intakes coming off already, job....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Thank you for the suggestion. I think that sounds like good advice, head gaskets are cheap.

Any advice on the cam? I have seen people mention using an lt1 cam, I just want a good low rpm cam with plenty of bottom end torque. I will be keeping the swirl heads.

I just want the truck to get out of its own way a little better.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
LT1 cam makes great low end in a car, but not a truck. If it were my money I'd go roller with either a stock Vortec cam or, better yet, the Marine cam. I have one in my 1500 and it acts like stock, just with more ass all the way across the curve.

tanman_2006

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd **** a chicken if you had to drill a 94 block. My friend's 90 block was tapped and roller ready.

Interesting. Looking at a 91 k2500 4l80 truck for my wife to drive on the farm. Plan is to put my 4 bolt engine back in the c3500 after going through it put this low mile 2 bolt in either a half ton or k2500

tanman_2006

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What all do I need to buy to convert to a roller? What is a good roller cam for swirl heads and a work truck/dd?