1994 4l60e problems (HELP)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matt sorrentino

350 TBI Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi everyone i have my 94 c1500 that has transmission problems. It started acting up by not shifting in second gear at WOT, i had to let go the gas pedal to shift, now it seems like it dont want to shift in any other gear other than first. Reverse works and lower gears also. Its a real headache and at the moment i dont have the economic means for a tranny rebuild ( i work in the oil industry and it currently sucks) so any help insight is much appreciated!

Truck info 1994 c1500 silverado trim 5.7 TBI with the 4l60e transmission.

matt sorrentino

350 TBI Fanatic
Reaction score
Additional info : i replaced the TPS a couple of moths ago, my brotherinlaw( who i bought the truck from) told me the transmission he had on is off a z71 same year model hope it helps

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
Sounds like transmission is toast. Mine was doing something similar with 2nd gear. Had to have it rebuilt. Kinda hard to tell you anything otherwise. How many miles? How's the fluid level/condition? Is the a TV cable adjusted properly? Check engine light on?

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Had to shift mine the same way when I got it.. but i knew it befor I bought it.. your trans needs to be rebuilt or replaced.. no way around it...

sent from what use to be a great country...

matt sorrentino

350 TBI Fanatic
Reaction score
Will have to check the cable , the check engine light is on but trows only code 32 and 43

matt sorrentino

350 TBI Fanatic
Reaction score
Is there anything i can do to try to reach at least tax season before i can rebuild it? May be a miracle oil of some sort?! I would greatly appreciate. I also think my brother in law has a spare unit but i think its the wrong year

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
Try some lucas marvelous mystery oil There was another thread with a member having the same issue and also not being able to afford a rebuild. Only one way to find out. Try it.

matt sorrentino

350 TBI Fanatic
Reaction score
Try some lucas marvelous mystery oil There was another thread with a member having the same issue and also not being able to afford a rebuild. Only one way to find out. Try it.
Thanks i will try it out tonight see if it helps any! I read also that may be the trouble is caused by a bad MAP sensor or TPS (which i just replaced) wornder if thats the issue

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Will have to check the cable , the check engine light is on but trows only code 32 and 43
32 is the egr system
43 is the knock sensor issue..

And a 4l60e trans (which is what's in a 94) does not have a tv (throttle valve) cable as it is all electronic..

sent from what use to be a great country...