1993 whipple'd 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I texted the guy and he said that he had the whipple rebuilt 4 years ago, and has only put 300 miles on the truck since then. Not sure why or what the rest of the story is...

HeavyAsAChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Kinda seems like there is something off. Maybe just the lack of pictures, but it also looks like he put edited pictures on his post.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It does seem just a bit weird.

The guy did tell me that he has owned the truck for 20 years. I asked him if I drove there from Minnesota to buy it, could my wife drive it back to MN. He said that he wouldn't trust it due to not putting many miles on if since the whipple rebuild. Not really sure what to think of that, but by telling me that, he seems more honest than most sellers that I have dealt with. Could be a cool truck for somebody, just needs finishing/tuning?

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I texted the guy and he said that he had the whipple rebuilt 4 years ago, and has only put 300 miles on the truck since then. Not sure why or what the rest of the story is...

Did he tell you where he's located, exactly?

I'm hanging around Chandler for the next 11 days or so, if he's close I could swing by and take a look for you...

Might be able to arrange someone to drive it back for you, I know some guys from MI who will be here in late Feb 25-28 and they've been known to do such things... very capable guys, both of them. One used to work with Les Staudacher up in Bay City, MI, stuffing Allison V12s into hydroplanes back in the day.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did he tell you where he's located, exactly?

I'm hanging around Chandler for the next 11 days or so, if he's close I could swing by and take a look for you...

Might be able to arrange someone to drive it back for you, I know some guys from MI who will be here in late Feb 25-28 and they've been known to do such things... very capable guys, both of them. One used to work with Les Staudacher up in Bay City, MI, stuffing Allison V12s into hydroplanes back in the day.

Thanks. That is a generous offer. I am actually going to be in that area for the next month. Am not really hot to buy anything, but always like to see what is around when travelling...

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. That is a generous offer. I am actually going to be in that area for the next month. Am not really hot to buy anything, but always like to see what is around when travelling...
That explains why you're looking. I do the same.

If you buy it and you feel like helping others...

I want to buy a set of take-off wheels / tires for my Suburban while I'm here but as-yet I have no simple way to get them back to IL. We drove out in the too-small SUV, the Suburban's in storage.

Last edited:

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That explains why you're looking. I do the same.

If you buy it and you feel like helping others...

I want to buy a set of take-off wheels / tires for my Suburban while I'm here but as-yet I have no simple way to get them back to IL. We drove out in the too-small SUV, the Suburban's in storage.

If you're headed to the drags at Firebird, let me know. I'll be helping a team there.
Which end of Illinois? I know someone who will be out there when you are, he may be able to help.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which end of Illinois? I know someone who will be out there when you are, he may be able to help.

I'm in far northern IL.

Anywhere north of I-80 would be convenient for me to pick them up.

Anywhere north of I-74 would be acceptable.

Last edited: