1993 Sierra "Abigail"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skeletal_

Reaction score
Drove her a couple more times and decided to list her, hopefully the next owner will get more enjoyment out of it than me. Every time I drove her I was paranoid about getting hit and f*cked up, not having airbags and such was a thought I couldn't get over (and an oversight on my part when I bought it). Had a lot of fun building it though.
Was looking for sedans in my price range and found a few, seen a M45 that caught my attention, if it's still available when she sells I'll probably go after it. Once that's sorted out I'll sell the hoe' and get that boat motor for Betty if my buddy still has it, get that truck done and back on the street so I have a nice truck to drive whenever.
Got some more pictures of the truck, she looks damn good.
You must be registered for see images attach

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Not knocking you at all, but a vehicle not having airbags is something I've never even considered, much less been concerned about. Must be a generational thing...

Great looking truck, I think it'll sell quick.

Yeah, usually my thought is, more like hoping it doesn't jamb my coffee of Mountain Dew into my head, if it goes off. The one time I did have one go off, when hitting a deer, I felt my hand/arm was wet and slowly turned my head expecting blood to be all over.... it was coffee :3811797817_8d685371

Thankfully I was holding it off to the side when the airbag went off.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's a shame you are selling. Lots of good work done. But one thing I've learned in 46yrs on this planet, trust your gut. If you think it's not safe without air bags, then it is what it is. Hopefully the next caretaker enjoys it as much as you and hopefully your next project turns out as good. Been fun reading along.

Skeletal_

Reaction score
Sold it last night to a nice Spanish guy and his wife, got most of what I was asking for it. Bought a new car today, went and checked it out yesterday afternoon and liked it a lot even though she's ugly, an 04 Grand Marquis. Green, with green vinyl half top and hub caps, runs/drives beautiful, plus it was relatively cheap. Not going to do much to it, tint the windows, refinish the top since it's peeling, minor cosmetics, and swap the steel wheels for alloys if I can find a cheap-ish set with tires.

Now I'm the grandad, just need the sketchers and white tube socks lol. She's going to be my new daily.
This is the last picture I have of Abigail, a good send off.

Skeletal_

Reaction score
The Marquis has been doing good, is like driving a sofa down the road. Sold the hoe' to my buddy since he needed a reliable car, went to a good home and he's enjoying it, she went to her retirement home since he drives like an old man lol.
F'ing insurance jacked my rates through the roof, was told 160/month (was $5 more than the truck) and went to 210 for no reason (if it was full coverage then it wouldn't be a bad price but it isn't), called up and got the run around. Called a few other companies and their prices weren't any better, going to end up selling it, I like it but 210/ month isn't reasonable especially for what I paid for it. Found an 04 Silverado Z71 with 74k miles I'm going to go look at this weekend, is reasonably priced and if it checks out I'll more than likely end up getting it. Turd Ferguson 2.0 may be a thing lol.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouch! You don't have to answer, but how many points do you have on your license?

I'm paying State Farm $110 every six months on WCJr as a secondary vehicle with just liability and uninsured motorist. It's been about six years since I got a ticket, I live in a semi-rural community, and I'm over 50 now.