1993 K2500 Suburban - tow pig!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
What year range is the y-pipe from? That's pretty slick.

I'm still fighting the flush face flange between the cats on my 'burb. Going to try the Remflex 2045 gasket. If it doesn't work I'm going custom back from the head pipes, and doing a different muffler setup.

Its a Jegs #31004, for 1999-02 Silverado / Sierra applications.

Remflex is the best, if it leaks after their gasket. You've got something seriously wrong. As thick as their stuff is, its very forgiving.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Its a Jegs #31004, for 1999-02 Silverado / Sierra applications.

Remflex is the best, if it leaks after their gasket. You've got something seriously wrong. As thick as their stuff is, its very forgiving.

Good to know, I'm not opposed to the cats at this point, they are still working properly. The OEM style gasket just isn't cutting it for a replacement. Made 13.12mpg running up I35 the other day taking a generator up to a buddy that got caught in the Derecho stuff in IA...I can live with that. It will be interesting to see what your rig gets back and forth daily, I'm running around 11.2-11.5mpg.

My 2011 5.3/6L80E 4x4 'burb (tuned, better exhaust) loaded down with kids and luggage would only get 14.5ish @ 78mph....and cost a hell of a lot more to tag/insure. More leg room in the 2nd row of the GMT400 rig too.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Good to know, I'm not opposed to the cats at this point, they are still working properly. The OEM style gasket just isn't cutting it for a replacement. Made 13.12mpg running up I35 the other day taking a generator up to a buddy that got caught in the Derecho stuff in IA...I can live with that. It will be interesting to see what your rig gets back and forth daily, I'm running around 11.2-11.5mpg.

My 2011 5.3/6L80E 4x4 'burb (tuned, better exhaust) loaded down with kids and luggage would only get 14.5ish @ 78mph....and cost a hell of a lot more to tag/insure. More leg room in the 2nd row of the GMT400 rig too.

I can't say I miss the 454 at all, or any 454 period.

I haven't driven this truck long enough to see what kind of economy it gets, ill be impressed if it cracks 15mpg consistently.

Fair enough for me, given I drive 8 miles of rural highway and county roads to work.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Drove the Suburban over to work today, took a load of trash from the house and also threw away the mismatched third row seat from the truck.

Man, this thing drives GREAT! Even at 70mph down the highway.

Came home, did some pressure washing, went to fire it up and the 11 million mile donor 6.0 starter kicked the bucket. So, I guess i'll have to order a new one.

Sucker looks good for an all original 221,000 mile 27 year old truck though.

You must be registered for see images attach

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't think i'm going to do spacers, never been a fan of them. Especially when used in towing situations.

My 2cents.. I could see you not liking it.. when I got my lift kit I was nervous to get rear spacers but I pretty much had to. Front is wider and rear was annoying norrow. And discount tire hear wont even service your tires if you have spacers.. they have to be the bolt on. I purchased 1.5 bolt on wheel spacers and I like the rear a whole lot better.. no trouble so far. I also dont got towing everyday... my advice is this. If you change your mind one day get the expensive tough proven bolt on. They are strong and worth it. I took a chance with ebay. Dont advise my route since you do tow a lot and have that same feeling as me

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
My dually has more offset than a 2" spacer and the wheels don't fall off of it. I use slip on spacers on my road race Camaro and no problems with it either.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
My 2cents.. I could see you not liking it.. when I got my lift kit I was nervous to get rear spacers but I pretty much had to. Front is wider and rear was annoying norrow. And discount tire hear wont even service your tires if you have spacers.. they have to be the bolt on. I purchased 1.5 bolt on wheel spacers and I like the rear a whole lot better.. no trouble so far. I also dont got towing everyday... my advice is this. If you change your mind one day get the expensive tough proven bolt on. They are strong and worth it. I took a chance with ebay. Dont advise my route since you do tow a lot and have that same feeling as me

My dually has more offset than a 2" spacer and the wheels don't fall off of it. I use slip on spacers on my road race Camaro and no problems with it either.

We'll just leave it how the General intended it to be.