1993 K2500 Suburban - tow pig!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Went ahead, removed the Old AC system components and front bumper today.

Replaced the bent front bumper with one off of a parts truck I have.

Getting ready to swap heater and evaporator cores next weekend so I can charge the ac.

You must be registered for see images attach

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Same size as what came out. This one is a little thicker than O.E.

What was the before and after? My dually will freeze me out but my 1500 is merely acceptable with its ~40 degree discharge temps in low humidity. When I went back to MI, the AC struggled in the heat of day to get under 50. My issue is likely bent fins and stuff in the 27X,*** mile condenser, but if I'm buying may as well upgrade.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
What was the before and after? My dually will freeze me out but my 1500 is merely acceptable with its ~40 degree discharge temps in low humidity. When I went back to MI, the AC struggled in the heat of day to get under 50. My issue is likely bent fins and stuff in the 27X,*** mile condenser, but if I'm buying may as well upgrade.

Only thing I did was spec a 1994+ R134A system for the truck. I did the same on my 90, which will do 42* at highway speeds with everything brand new. All parts used are GPD brand out of Georgia.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Didn't feel like working on the truck today, but did swap the 105A alternator out for a 145A Remy unit.

Decided to use the truck to run errands today, so got plenty of windshield time in. Truck drives great.

Stopped by a friend's house, parked beside his 99 2 door 2wd Tahoe.

GM's Largest and most HD Full-size SUV of the generation and the smallest and most LD of the generation.

You must be registered for see images attach