1992 Chevy K1500 - RCSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like you've just volunteered to come pick it up and haul it to him. So, we've got shipping figured out, now.
If it comes with a running 8.1 and harness to follow me home, I‘d make the trip. At least consider making it.

Edit: Is the chevelle still around that replaced the 90?

Last edited:

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Diagnosing a no rear running lamp & backup lamp issue.

I noticed the front to rear harness was smashed behind the fuel tank bracket, when I removed it to swap pump and sending unit.

Light green was thinner than a piece of paper.

Fixed that, reverse lamps now work.

Still no running lamps. Go to the back of the truck and find a Custom trailer plug install, conveniently spliced into the main running lamp feed wire, without anything covering it.

Needless to say, all cleaned up now and working appropriately!

You must be registered for see images attach

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Okay... back to this truck story.

Last Saturday, when doing the front-end, interior work, etc. I knew the driveshaft needed new u-joints and fix the leaking transfer case output housing seal.

Let's take everyone down a spiral of events, that lead to me washing my hands, putting my tools away and going home.

Pulled driveshaft to do new moog u-joints, rear went in just fine, removed the front yoke, u-joint and began reassembly. Noticed regardless of what I did, the second inner retaining clip on the joint wouldn't install. Out comes the calipers! Only to find some mongoloid hammered the oem u-joints out so hard, that they managed to bend the ears on the driveshaft, almost 3/16" inward. Well, crap. Rather than stress the ears back open, I decided to order a brand new Dorman driveshaft, which arrived today. It's actually well built and significantly larger diameter than the OEM shaft.

After finding the trogdor smashed driveshaft last Saturday, I figured i'd move onto removing the output shaft seal. Only to find the leak was from an actual crack on the lip edge of the tailshaft housing. CRAP!

I did find GM still sells the output housing, new. So I ordered one.

So, i'll install these parts after work, today. Check / fill the transfer case and finally have a mobile truck, again.

I ordered some 285/75/16's to step down from the 315/75/16's, they should be in tomorrow morning. I'll get them swapped out, take the truck on a test drive, then hopefully let the daughter loose in the drivers seat.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Alright! 33s arrived today and just had them mounted.

Looks so much better on a 33, rather than being stuffed, like it was before.

Wife and daughter working on getting the last of the 32 year old window tint off!

Also installed a new Vortec starter, new battery cables. Truck really has that modern starter sound, now.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Few small chips and stars in the windshield, decided to go ahead and have the windshield replaced.

$245 installed, seemed pretty fair!