1991 454SS owner says hi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes exactly what I am lookin for just like that. I can suck that cancer right out of me with the 502 Im puttin in and the air thats a hood like that would suck in .....LOL
I am putting a Denali clip on my truck in the near future, so that one will be available. If you are interested, pm me with a phone number and we can talk about how to make it happen.

Stuckinkali

Reaction score
Thank You so much Andy
I have found a complete 98 and the hood is in amazing shape so I wouldn't have to touch my original so making my hood may be the option, any links to the weld ons would be great as well :)

Steve,

I put my feelers out and hope to hear back. In the meantime, not a lot of choices so I may have misspoke on the steel... though you could find a repro steel W-30 option (W-25) and cut the steel ram out and have it welded to another hood for full steel compatibility... Just sayin', custom mods are always the most satisfying.

I did find a '69 Trans Am ram-air hood in steel under $500 you could cut up but it's not quite the W-30 look...

https://restorationperformance.com/product/steel-hood-panel-for-trans-am-models/

I'll keep searching... in the meantime, lots of fully-functional W-25 look ram-air fiberglass hoods out there:

https://www.bodykits.com/i-24289792...-air-hood-with-functional-scoops-ghg-102.html

(I totally suck! This one is sold out... UGH, Sorry, brother!)

Keep the rubber side down!

~Andy

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry about the cancer man. I have a friend who is battling breast cancer and just had a double mastectomy. Our prayers for you.

as far as parts I’ll keep a eye out. Beautiful truck. Hope you beat this thing

bobby v

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No doom and gloom just something positive for you.
My son is clean 18 years now from Hodgkin's(non)
My wife clean now for 7 years from APL (leukemia)
So stay strong !!!!!!!!!!!
We just completed a 502HO swap in my 90 SS454, its running great now after ironing out some bugs, plenty of beans!!
Its a custom rig but a true SS454, I prefer that sort of look. Heres a couple of shots for you, not trying to hi jack your thread just show you what mine looks like. There is another member here also with a similar truck with great info, do a search
PS His handle is "fastfreddys454", nice guy
BobbyV
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Steve OConnor

Reaction score
I am putting a Denali clip on my truck in the near future, so that one will be available. If you are interested, pm me with a phone number and we can talk about how to make it happen.
OMG are you serious ? I have a Florida number as a vanity line I will send it to you and hopefully it won't cost either of us any LD charges.
Let me know when you get closer to your Denali swap, that will look amazing :)

Steve OConnor

Reaction score
Steve,

I put my feelers out and hope to hear back. In the meantime, not a lot of choices so I may have misspoke on the steel... though you could find a repro steel W-30 option (W-25) and cut the steel ram out and have it welded to another hood for full steel compatibility... Just sayin', custom mods are always the most satisfying.

I did find a '69 Trans Am ram-air hood in steel under $500 you could cut up but it's not quite the W-30 look...

https://restorationperformance.com/product/steel-hood-panel-for-trans-am-models/

I'll keep searching... in the meantime, lots of fully-functional W-25 look ram-air fiberglass hoods out there:

https://www.bodykits.com/i-24289792...-air-hood-with-functional-scoops-ghg-102.html

(I totally suck! This one is sold out... UGH, Sorry, brother!)

Keep the rubber side down!

~Andy
No worries Andy
I know I dragged my feet 20 years ago on this hood it's my own fault. I totally wanted to not do anything to the SS other than suspension. Now I want it to be a true statement because of the Cancer. One of our other members may be upgrading his truck and replacing his w30 hood / front end so we are going to chat. If that happens I will be a s happy as a piggy in poop : lol
Your gys (and gals Im sure) all rock :)

Steve OConnor

Reaction score
I have decided to go with the 454 that is in the truck and build it. I order a set of AL heads for it Oval port and am working with FiTech and Edlebrock on modern fuel injection. In the spring I will take the engine out and have the bottom end done with a forged assembly and put in and extreme Comp Cams 282 roller. I built hi perf engines for my dads shop years ago he owned a CDN NAPA (UAP). I so enjoy doing this I decided to build this one as my bucket list. I'm aiming at between 9 and 9.5:1 comp and going with an air gap Edlebrock if I go with FiTech, or the Proflo 4 port injection if I go with Edlebrock across the board. It's funny cause a few of my friends have built their trucks one has a cherry 66 chev that is done up as if it's all rusted but its a work of art. They all went with LS base engines. They tried so hard to get me to go LS ....lmao. They told me Stevie they are so responsive no lag. I thought to myself well guess you haven't been in a tuned in big block cause thats what racing harnesses were built for :) :)

You all rock keep up the great wrok with the GMT 400 they are the true Sport Truck that started all the truck lovin thats going on!!!

Steve OConnor

Reaction score
No doom and gloom just something positive for you.
My son is clean 18 years now from Hodgkin's(non)
My wife clean now for 7 years from APL (leukemia)
So stay strong !!!!!!!!!!!
We just completed a 502HO swap in my 90 SS454, its running great now after ironing out some bugs, plenty of beans!!
Its a custom rig but a true SS454, I prefer that sort of look. Heres a couple of shots for you, not trying to hi jack your thread just show you what mine looks like. There is another member here also with a similar truck with great info, do a search
PS His handle is "fastfreddys454", nice guy
BobbyV

Steve OConnor

Reaction score
OMG hot truck SIR
I will beat this thing and come find you for a photo op K.
Now if only we could track down a hot white one :)
Seriously nice truck and don't ever worry about jumpin on my thread buy all means please jump right in.
My lady lost her mom to cancer so she is set that she is not losing me, she is a sweetheart and loves the 454.
So fast Freddy my nick name is Rainman nice to meet you :)