1991 454SS owner says hi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve OConnor

Reaction score
The 454 ss roars like a Tiger !!! My 6.2d is a turtle near to yours . My Chevy was built in Ontario in 1990 the country where you come from.

It's difficult to say smething comforting when you have to fight a cancer but I found some words in a Brantley Gilbert' s song that I think could be the right way to face it:

"Well if you think I'm scared
You got me all wrong
No a little cancer can't break me
My heart's right and I believe"

Good Luck from Italy

Stuckinkali

Reaction score
Gorgeous truck, and great plans, Steve! Do what you gotta do to make you whole through this regardless the outcome. Keep the positive attitude and just remember whenever you need an ear or a place to vent, we're all here supporting each other and you are no exception. KICK THAT CANCER'S A$$!!! As far as the hood, I love that Ram-Air style from the 442 and if you have no luck finding a whole hood, there are kits you can procure from various outlets who make the scoop/rams you can have welded into your own hood for finishing. The kits are fully-functional and you can have them create an air-box connection for true ram-air style intake for cold air intake from that low pressure area we all love.

I'll see what I can do to locate a few here in Northern Ca. We're kinda having hot time here (sorry we're sending you some smoke up there too...) so some of my contacts are out fighting the fires and may not get back with me too soon... no telling.

Keep fighting the good fight and again, love the truck!

~Andy

Steve OConnor

Reaction score
Is this the style of hood you're after?

You must be registered for see images attach

And eff cancer, btw. Kick it's ass.
Yes exactly what I am lookin for just like that. I can suck that cancer right out of me with the 502 Im puttin in and the air thats a hood like that would suck in .....LOL

Steve OConnor

Reaction score
Gorgeous truck, and great plans, Steve! Do what you gotta do to make you whole through this regardless the outcome. Keep the positive attitude and just remember whenever you need an ear or a place to vent, we're all here supporting each other and you are no exception. KICK THAT CANCER'S A$$!!! As far as the hood, I love that Ram-Air style from the 442 and if you have no luck finding a whole hood, there are kits you can procure from various outlets who make the scoop/rams you can have welded into your own hood for finishing. The kits are fully-functional and you can have them create an air-box connection for true ram-air style intake for cold air intake from that low pressure area we all love.

I'll see what I can do to locate a few here in Northern Ca. We're kinda having hot time here (sorry we're sending you some smoke up there too...) so some of my contacts are out fighting the fires and may not get back with me too soon... no telling.

~Andy
Thank You so much Andy
I have found a complete 98 and the hood is in amazing shape so I wouldn't have to touch my original so making my hood may be the option, any links to the weld ons would be great as well :)

Steve OConnor

Reaction score

Steve OConnor

Reaction score

~Andy
Just stay safe Andy, I know you guys are all toughing it out do worry about the smoke up here our government blows it up our butts everyday lmao