1991 350tbi no start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tsr2185

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it's with the EST bypass wire disconnected, that's normal. You'll need to hook it back up and reset the MALF code by disconnecting the battery or using a scanner.
This was a few key cycles after the wire was back connected. May just need to scan it to get code. Could be a knock sensor if the timing is still way off? Idk. I will fix timing in the morning. Its 9 deg adv possibly. Didnt think to keep the gun at 0 when setting timing and just realized it's at 9deg

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

tsr2185

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It could be. Get the code and see what it says. You can always do the "paper clip" trick. On this link you can click on the code numbers to get some more info on possible causes.

Thanks man. I will try that.
Reset the timing, my dumbass had it 9deg advanced when I thought the gun was at 0. Runs much better now and the oil pressure is more stable. Havent drop it around yet to see if the CEL recurs.
https://www.freeautomechanic.com/diagnostictroblecodes5.html