1990 Dash remaval and paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Just wondering, how hard is it to remove the dash? Id like to remove it and tuck in all my wires for the power windows and locks, as well as clean up all the ducks and such for the vents. Im thinking whileim there, to paint the dash glassy black. I know it takes sanding and such, but what exacly does it take to do it properly so it doesnt crack and such?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Removing the dash is not that hard, drop the column, and remove the bolt's underneath the dash on both end's there should be 2 of them 13mm I believe, and then remove the 3 7mm bolt's across the top, and of course unplug and disconnect all electrical connections, there may be a couple of small thing's I left out, but like I said it's not hard.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
there is some extra in the vid you dont have to do. As far as preiping get some comet and wash it 3 or 4 times the last time you go over it use a red scotchpad. this will keep it from gettin fisheyes. The da sand it with 400 grit prime it block prime block till satisfied then wipe down and paint

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I'm picking up a whole new dash with cluster included for 60 bucks. So ill do it on their and see how I like it. If it turns out, I'm going to install it.

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im gonna do this soon aswell, im in the middle of getting a new headliner, then carpet, seats and possibly new door panels i may even get those custom upholstered, but painting my dash will give me a project to do and it wont be too expensive.
What kind of paint do you reccomend? Im out in CA and it gets hot so il need somthing good

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Im gonna do this soon aswell, im in the middle of getting a new headliner, then carpet, seats and possibly new door panels i may even get those custom upholstered, but painting my dash will give me a project to do and it wont be too expensive.
What kind of paint do you reccomend? Im out in CA and it gets hot so il need somthing good

Yeah basicly what im doing, i have my new door panels, seats and middle console. All of that is painted black now, with some new carpet coming, hopefully soon, I did my headliner last year.

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What carpet did you get? Currently i have one of those molded to fit deals and it sucks ass, my dad put it in there a while ago andnit doesnt fit correctly, theres some bunch ups and its not that good of quality, i kinda want it done professionally but it seems too easy to pay someone to do it

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
What carpet did you get? Currently i have one of those molded to fit deals and it sucks ass, my dad put it in there a while ago andnit doesnt fit correctly, theres some bunch ups and its not that good of quality, i kinda want it done professionally but it seems too easy to pay someone to do it
I havent bought my carpet yet.