1990 C1500 ABS (RWAL) removal.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
glad I came across this thread! did mine within 24 hours of reading it. 1993 GMC - no adapter needed.

RACK

Reaction score
I have a 1990 K1500 with a different dump valve than in the original post. The nut size was a different size but the threads were the same. No adaptor needed and the brakes are better.

Txwildman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are ya'll reusing the control box or not? Just curious.

You must be registered for see images attach

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What is it actually sensing to kick the light?

Android/Tapatalk

There is a check ball of sorts in the combination valve that is centered on that switch. It stays centered by the pressure on the front and rear brake circuit and a spring. If one circuit looses pressure it will get pushed off center and turn the light on on the dash. Most common reason the light turns on is a leak.

Sent from what use to be a great country.

Txwildman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are those common to leak? And is anybody reconnecting the control box or are they leaving it off? Thanks

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The combo valve is not the "leak" I'm talking about. By circuit I am referring to either the front brakes or the rear. The combo valve pressure sensor senses the pressure difference front to back. On a system that has no leaks the valve/check ball will stay centered. On one with a front or rear brake leak it will be pushed of center and turn the light on. But no the combo valve it self is not known to leak as a common issue.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And by looking at the whole thread it looks like right at the first post it says how to take off the control box so I assume that means everyone is removing it. Once it's disconnected it don't really matter either way. If its in the way take it out if not just leave it there unplugged.