1990 454SS Frame/Bed/Cab (Salavage title) Fire. 1/2 Ton Short Box.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mercedes mechanic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have sold the truck, so this topic can be closed.

Someone from the 454ss.com site bought it. Going to make it a full out drag truck, with doors and a title. Well salvage title anyway.

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
You don't want the mirrors! Trust me. Too close to the body & just too damn small! Got have your head on a swivel in traffic with 'em. Get the Cal-vues! They look good, & they work.

Yes I do. I know thier shortcomings. I had them for many years on 2 different trucks. They are what came original on my '88 shortbox that I bought back recently. and I want to return it to it's original state.

takkotime

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I do. I know thier shortcomings. I had them for many years on 2 different trucks. They are what came original on my '88 shortbox that I bought back recently. and I want to return it to it's original state.

Those tiny sport mirrors were not a factory option on anything in 1988. They debuted on the 454SS in 1991 (some late '90) and some Chevy Sport trucks (late 89-90) and were not an option on any other 'regular' C or K 1500. Your RPO codes will tell you what came on the 88, but it would have been either black or chrome 'elephant ear' mirrors. West coast mirrors could have been a special order option but I doubt anyone in their right mind would have ordered those on a SB.

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
Those tiny sport mirrors were not a factory option on anything in 1988. They debuted on the 454SS in 1991 (some late '90) and some Chevy Sport trucks (late 89-90) and were not an option on any other 'regular' C or K 1500. Your RPO codes will tell you what came on the 88, but it would have been either black or chrome 'elephant ear' mirrors. West coast mirrors could have been a special order option but I doubt anyone in their right mind would have ordered those on a SB.

You would be wrong. They were standard equipment. This is my truck purchased new in july of 1988

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

takkotime

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man I love seeing stuff like that. Awesome! I have the second stepside bed that rolled off the assembly line.. and have done a LOT of research into these things.. I have never seen sport mirrors as a factory option on a 1988. My stepside is an 88 as well, and the stepside bed didn't officially debut until 89. Mine belonged to an ex GM employee.. I'm at work and don't have a ton of time but where on your spec sheet does it say the 'sport mirror' option?

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
It wasn't an option they were standard equipment. When I ordered the truck, I specifically told the salesman that I wanted the standard "small" mirrors. With that he shook his head, and looked at me like I was crazy.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
your wrong...., i know for a fact all the 454SS's from 1990-1993 had those mirrors.

EXCEPT the 454SS in canada, ALL had black dumbo mirrors.

Last edited: