1967 Dodge D100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't make it to the show this morning, but she left the neighborhood. I started getting paranoid about breaking down in traffic, so I turned around. Probably 10 miles total. Pretty good shakedown all in all. Nothing broke anyways.

It does make boost, just needed room to stretch the legs out. I saw 110 kpa at one point, which is like 2 lbs? I wasn't deep in the throttle at all though. I forgot how much I loved turbo noises. :)

Coolant never got over 198, seemed to settle at 195. It's only about 45F though. The real test will be this summer.

Going down the road in 5th gear at 1500 rpm is ~55 mph, not sure. The speed limit is 50 and I was getting passed. I'd like to see that more like 65-70.

Last edited:

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did some math, 1500 rpm in 5th is only 44 mph LOL.

I found some NOS 2.94 gears on eBay and that would change to 53 mph. 2000 rpm would be 70 mph. That seems livable. With bigger tires it would drop some more. I think I'm going to buy them ...
You won't...

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You won't.

I will. I almost can't believe my luck, but I scored a complete 3rd member with 2.76 gears locally.

Thinking about what else I want to do while I have it apart. Considering converting to rear discs and a posi (sure grip in Mopar world). Posi in this beast might be too hard to control.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since the front spring hanger looks like 0 fun, I put the drop shackles on by themselves. Dropped it exactly 1".

I really should pull the whole axle housing out so I can do the third member and all that, but I am just not in the mood today.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since the front spring hanger looks like 0 fun, I put the drop shackles on by themselves. Dropped it exactly 1".

I really should pull the whole axle housing out so I can do the third member and all that, but I am just not in the mood today.
Felt. I'm sitting in the shop struggling to find motivation to work on the Durrty Thurrty.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, fudge.

I got the spring hanger off, wasted the bushing in the process. I also discovered frame rot behind the hanger bracket.

The rot isn't terrible. It's isolated to where the crossmember trapped a bunch of dirt. I think I'm just going to cut out that small section and weld the bracket on as a repair. I think the spring eye bushing is going to be the worst job. Might as well do all of them.

This is turning into a bigger job than I had hoped. Hindsight 20/20, I should have just axle flipped it. I'm debating pulling the bed off now.

You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Well, fudge.

I got the spring hanger off, wasted the bushing in the process. I also discovered frame rot behind the hanger bracket.

The rot isn't terrible. It's isolated to where the crossmember trapped a bunch of dirt. I think I'm just going to cut out that small section and weld the bracket on as a repair. I think the spring eye bushing is going to be the worst job. Might as well do all of them.

This is turning into a bigger job than I had hoped. Hindsight 20/20, I should have just axle flipped it. I'm debating pulling the bed off now.

Better that you found it now, the "easy" way..

Richard

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Better that you found it now, the "easy" way..

Richard

I think it probably would have been structurally sound for a very long time if I had left it alone. The other side doesn't show any signs yet.

I'm going to drill a hole in the bottom of the frame to let the junk fall out. Seems to be a natural collection point.