1967 Dodge D100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are the mounts sagging a bit on the rear of the cab?

No, the bed is tilted forward from where it should be. I still haven't bolted it down, LOL. Plus, the truck now is higher in the front than the back.

I put 90% of my work into getting it running and driving again. Hopefully that's wrapping up and I can get to work on the rest while still being able to drive it.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drove it about 45 minutes today. Drove it into town and around the square (where the car show is next weekend). I love this truck! Had a ton of people wave at me and give me the thumbs up. I've started calling it "Dodgey" for obvious reasons. Dodgey the Swaptline.

I lowered the front spring perches all the way. It's still a touch of backwards rake. It'll do for now though.

So, it's probably been 40ish miles and a ton of idle time since the rebuild. Going to change the oil next. Wish me luck there's no glitter!

You must be registered for see images attach

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I did some calculations ... which is always dangerous ...

Stepping up to a 305/40/18 tire in the back will lift it roughly 3/4". That's kind of an oddball size, but it just so happens you can get Nitto drag radials in that size. Damn, they aren't cheap like these SushiToros I got on there now.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Changed the oil. No glitter found in the oil. It does appear the oil filter caught some iron. It's hard to tell because there's some typical engine gunk in there. (This engine wasn't cleaned when it was apart.) It's very fine. You can't even feel it between your fingers, just feels like oil.

Probably normal for a dingle ball honed, hand gapped with a file engine. I think if it's not choochin' oil out the tailpipe or breather, it's probably going to be ok. *knock on wood*

Have an appointment for an alignment tomorrow. I had to call 5 shops because 4 of them wouldn't touch it after I told them it was a 1967 Dodge pickup truck with a Mustang II based front suspension.