1500 bolt on 4 link fit a 3500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
I've had a few trucks on air ride, and they have all been bolt on, since my welding capabilities are limited. Is there any chance I could use a half ton bolt on 4 link on my 96 rclb dually? Bag mounts I can take care of, just need to get the suspension switched out.

I thought about going with a 2 link, but I know those are less than ideal, but it's not totally out of the equation. I won't be doing any heavy towing, if that matters.

I appreciate any help or advice.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Spring mounts are in the same place; axle tube is much thicker. Hope that helps?

Richard

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Yeah, the axle tubes is what concerns me. I've been thinking about this thing, and I think I'd be better off buying a heavy duty weld on kit, and making frame mount plates, like the bolt on kits. That way, I can mock it up, tack everything in place, then take the mounts, and rear end to somebody with a better welder than I have.