14 bolt rear question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a 1991 chevy k1500 extra cab manual transmission I was under it the other day and found some play in rear driveshaft after taking it apart I realized something was wrong I'm working on the rear u joint at rear end the driveshaft has 1 1/16 cap size and rear end yoke is 1 3/16 they don't make a u joint like that so I'm guessing ether the rear end or driveshaft were replaced the rear end has a 14 bolt diff cover and 6 lug rims I just don't know which one was replaced

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I have a 1991 chevy k1500 extra cab manual transmission I was under it the other day and found some play in rear driveshaft after taking it apart I realized something was wrong I'm working on the rear u joint at rear end the driveshaft has 1 1/16 cap size and rear end yoke is 1 3/16 they don't make a u joint like that so I'm guessing ether the rear end or driveshaft were replaced the rear end has a 14 bolt diff cover and 6 lug rims I just don't know which one was replaced
It's a 14 bolt sf. If it was swapped in your half ton you'll need a conversion u joint. If it was stock someone either swapped the driveshaft or put the wrong u joint in.

Reaction score
I went to advance auto and they don't even have a u joint listed to fit it I think the rear end was changed cause the leafs prong u bolts look newer is the 14 bolt semi float any good ?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I went to advance auto and they don't even have a u joint listed to fit it I think the rear end was changed cause the leafs prong u bolts look newer is the 14 bolt semi float any good ?
I'll try and find you a part #. Yes the 14bolt is a very good axle

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty sure it could be a 447 u joint from Napa. Almost positive that's what I used on my half ton with 14 bolt rear swap