14 bolt ff swap in k1500 e brake questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jayrich243

Reaction score
When I installed my lift kit into my 94 k1500 I went with a 14 bolt full floater out of a 1 ton truck I had purchased for parts. Everything bolted up except the u-joint, and the emergency brake. The E-brake cable is several inches too short. Everywhere I look this is not mentioned in the swap. Can someone help me out here? Do I just need to get the 1 ton spring cables and install them instead of the half ton cables?

21Actual

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I cant say for sure, as I have not done this swap yet. Its on the to-do list.

But I would think using 1 ton rear cables with the existing front cable would do the trick. I know there are a number of different length cables depnding on truck configuration, ie.. RCSB, or RCLB, ect

Big RED Burban

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
if the half ton and the 1 ton are same body style you should use the 1 ton cables but if the half ton is something like a rcsb and the 1 ton is a cclb then odiously it wont work but you get my drift

Jayrich243

Reaction score
The truck that I removed the ale from was a single cab long box and the truck put it in is a extended cab short box. Would the factory RCLB 1 ton cables fit my 1500 or should I look for ECSB 1 ton cables?