12200411 PCM swap for 1996 to 2000 GMT400 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
I made this a while back, use it at your own risk. The pin-out for a 97 to 0411 is sheet 2, I'm sure it can be adapted to other trucks but I'll work on it and see if I can't do a 98 to 0411 in another sheet - I know there are a few extra wires to the PCM on the 98+ than the 96-97s. Sheet 1 is every pin I know of between various vehicles on the 12200411 PCM.

Use at your own risk: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JjZFvFzPGeJjk3QkSE9EllLNZP2gRbO5gjkx0oTnQ8o/edit?usp=sharing

EDIT: 1998 sheet in progress. 1997 to 1998 is VERY different.

EDIT 2: 1998 K1500 5.7 Wiring Pin-Out to 12200411 Complete, sheet tabs are labeled at the bottom.

NOTE::: As I recall there's a requirement for those with auto transmissions to connect wires that come from the transmission gear select switch to the PCM. I'll get those added too.

I can't offer tuning or PCMs, but I can bang out wiring pin-outs pretty easily. If there's one you want added, let me know and I'll do my best to work it into the sheet ASAP.

Last edited:

m002922

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My truck was running fine with the black box - it's totally stock. Did an 0411 swap, truck started right up . . . . but runs like garbage. The truck drives, but barely. I'm getting a P0341 (Cam position sensor) code.

I've double checked all the pins to make sure I didn't miss something (especially the CMP wires), everything looks fine.

I've double checked my stock tune against other stock tunes (compare files) for the 1998 5.7 and nothing seems out of whack I'm using HP Tuners and pulling stock tunes from HP Tuners to compare.

Other interesting issues, my fuel gauge is absolutely pegged.

I'll go ahead and ask what may be the dumbest question ever, but the 0411 I have is from a 2003 4.3 Blazer (or something like that). I went on to HP Tuners and pulled a "stock" 5.7 Vortec tune (people have uploaded multiple), and loaded it on to the 0411, and have been working from that. In doing that did I somehow mess something up?

Thank you in advance for any ideas.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck was running fine with the black box - it's totally stock. Did an 0411 swap, truck started right up . . . . but runs like garbage. The truck drives, but barely. I'm getting a P0341 (Cam position sensor) code.

I've double checked all the pins to make sure I didn't miss something (especially the CMP wires), everything looks fine.

I've double checked my stock tune against other stock tunes (compare files) for the 1998 5.7 and nothing seems out of whack I'm using HP Tuners and pulling stock tunes from HP Tuners to compare.

Other interesting issues, my fuel gauge is absolutely pegged.

I'll go ahead and ask what may be the dumbest question ever, but the 0411 I have is from a 2003 4.3 Blazer (or something like that). I went on to HP Tuners and pulled a "stock" 5.7 Vortec tune (people have uploaded multiple), and loaded it on to the 0411, and have been working from that. In doing that did I somehow mess something up?

Thank you in advance for any ideas.

What year is the truck? Does it die or almost die when you put it in gear? Any serious bogging when you hit the gas?
My truck had the same problem after I swapped (96 K2500 with a 454/4L80E though) and was throwing a MAF code as well as a CMP code, I had a fellow member on here help me check everything after I checked through my pins again, and he found I had a blow ENG-1 fuse; I'm still not entirely sure how I missed it after checking, but sure enough, we replaced the fuse and the truck was normal; we did have to do some tuning to get it right; and there's still room for improvements.

Last edited:

m002922

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a 1998 - it will run in gear, but not well at all. It was running well previously with it's black box, and apparently the tune I have on the 0411 is the same . . . apparently.

I should have mentioned that after reading all this I checked fuses, but I can check them again.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's a 1998 - it will run in gear, but not well at all. It was running well previously with it's black box, and apparently the tune I have on the 0411 is the same . . . apparently.

I should have mentioned that after reading all this I checked fuses, but I can check them again.

Definitely check them, I still get **** because I didn't see the blown fuse, but I must've checked the fuse box 3 or 4 times.

m002922

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just double checked - nothing blown.

I noticed that the spreadsheet I was working from had C4-11 going to C1-58, whereas the spreadsheets linked above are C4-11 going to C1-59. That's serial data, so I assume that isn't my issue no matter which is right. My "bench harness" uses the C1-58, and works. Maybe both work.

m002922

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking at the data logging for the brief time I was running the engine . . . . My bank1 of cylinders is running very lean, while my bank2 of cylinders is running very rich (based on the O2 feedback). Consistently, my ST and LT trim in bank1 and bank 2 are positive and negative respectively.

I don't know a lot about tuning, but clearly the left and right half of my engine are doing entirely different things.

m002922

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this may be my issue . . . going to do a bit more research on this, but I've confirmed that the OS on my computer (12202088) and the OS on the Vortec tune I want to use (16263425) are different.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthread.php?62613-Can-I-change-a-v6-pcm-to-a-v8

"I don't believe the V6 os and the V8 os are the same. so you wouldn't be able to swap segments. I could be wrong though. It would upset me if I am because I spent 4 credits having a 0411 out of a 2002 V6 blazer run the file from a 2002 express van when I did my 0411 swap..."

m002922

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have a Stock 1998 Vortec 5.7 tune with an OS that allows for Trans Range Switch wiring to not be necessary (PRNDL Equipped able to select "none" - as in the 2003 Blazer OS I have - but isn't in any of the 1998 Vortec 5.7 Tunes I can find)? I would really prefer not have to splice and run 4 more wires.