0411 swapped 454 tuning tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I swapped in an 0411 ecu into my 99 k2500. 454 4l80e. Currently I’m using an 8.1 timing table and shift points. Fuel is dialed in, but I’m looking for tips on timing on 87 for a little better performance. Truck is all stock with exception of injectors. Runs great currently but looking for more economy and power. I’m using hptuners.

Thanks in advance

Wheeler454

Reaction score
I have a 97 K2500 suburban, I just did the 0411 swap also. Bone stock, minus the K&N CAI. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get your base tune file? Mine starts and idles ok. Seems a little low to me, also seems a little on the rich side. But as I'm new to the whole HPTuners it's going to take some practice.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m pretty early on in getting my 0411 7.4 tuned as well.

These guys have a ton of info, there are also a pretty good amount of posts here if you just search for 0411 tuning.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

ralmo94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I swapped in an 0411 ecu into my 99 k2500. 454 4l80e. Currently I’m using an 8.1 timing table and shift points. Fuel is dialed in, but I’m looking for tips on timing on 87 for a little better performance. Truck is all stock with exception of injectors. Runs great currently but looking for more economy and power. I’m using hptuners.

Thanks in advance
Do you have the correct information for your injectors?

L29 can't use a ton of timing on 87. One thing that made a huge difference on mine was PE. Set it to kick in with no delay when the load is high enough, if you work the truck at all it will be happier. Mine actually got better towing mpg with that one change. Also, it's a ton cooler pulling a grade with a load.

You might be able to add a little timing in the light load cruising area, not sure what g/s = about 65kpa, but that's about what I was able to increase timing on black box without KR.

Then if you have a wide band, make sure your fuel trims are Targeting 14.7, or lambda 1. If not, mess with o2 swing points untill it does. Then verify PE ratio is correct. Mine likes about 12.2 or so around 2200rpm, and about 12.8 lower than that.

Greggor55

Reaction score

Thanks in advance
you were able to use the 0411 from the 8.1 with out any problems?

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you were able to use the 0411 from the 8.1 with out any problems?
Any 0411 will work, but the base tune for an Express Van with the 5.7L is required for the truck to run, from there you can run values from an 8.1L tune to fill the gaps where the 5.7 values won't work.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
ANY stock tune will benefit from bringing the timing in sooner, even if it doesn't want any more peak timing. This makes the cruise aspect more effortless.