04 Suburban 2500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Threw a new battery in, still just cranking. So far it's got that, a new alternator, and a new air filter. There is no inline fuel filter as GM started putting them in the tank around 03-04 and on. But i highly doubt that's the problem, since the fuel filter is fairly new.
I literally just ordered new plugs and wires since they needed to be done. The wires ripped right out of the boots, and there are some heat shields around them too, so i had to cut them and yank on them to get them out. Lets hope the plugs arent rusted in there.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
May want to spray a little penetrating oil around the plugs before removing them, and let it soak a bit before you try to get them out. IIRC all LS platform engines have aluminum heads....and I use anti seize on all spark plugs, even on iron heads like my 350s. Never had one get stuck. And I'm careful putting the stuff on, not too much and not on the part that sticks in the combustion chamber.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
May want to spray a little penetrating oil around the plugs before removing them, and let it soak a bit before you try to get them out. IIRC all LS platform engines have aluminum heads....and I use anti seize on all spark plugs, even on iron heads like my 350s. Never had one get stuck. And I'm careful putting the stuff on, not too much and not on the part that sticks in the combustion chamber.
Luckily they all came out fine. Started right up with the new stuff. Then died...lol. I am thinking it's a failing fuel pump, but i need to do more research before I buy another one.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got her started. I spliced a wire to the black wire on the harness for the coil packs, and connected it to the negative terminal on the battery. Fired right up. Now it's just a temporary fix until I can take it to a shop...i hate electrical related work. Also removed the carpeting in preperation for new carpet, as i cut the front section out originally when the electrical fire happened.
You must be registered for see images attach

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Had the shop I use solve my ground wire problem. Ordered a new carpet which I put in this past weekend, along with re painting the grill which was due for a re paint.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Put on the last part of the lift that i've been too lazy to finish. I had to weld in metal tabs so the bars could reach and be bolted in on the trans/tcase crossmember. Ignore the crappy welds, im not too happy with how a flux core welder works.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd gusset those tabs! Right now they're just looking for an opportunity to flex and break off.

Also, it looks like you didn't clean that metal before you welded. Don't blame the flux core if you didn't.