04 Suburban 2500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally got sway bar links on. I went with the Cognito ones. As I post this I realize that the bottom has to be twisted around, or else they won't do their job...lol.
You must be registered for see images attach

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Starting on building new exhaust. Spintech mufflers with 3" piping, 3" turn downs. Going to see how well they sound behind the cats. If not, then cats will be replaced with high flow ones.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Carlisle Truck Nationals was a success until I found that my trailer hitch reciever was no longer good after pulling into our airbnb. The bolts being absent under bumper, and the rust played the part. That hole must have developed on the road. After the show on Sunday, I hooked the trailer up to the Burb and had my buddy drive the pickup to the u pull it yard to source the bolts that bolt the trailer hitch to bottom of bumper that were missing. The bolts were too big. Damn LMC bumper had smaller bolt holes. Got a 10k ratchet strap, loaded her up and it helped support the trailer hitch for the ride home.
Always check your stuff!

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thinking about doing a SAS on this. 78-79 Ford Dana 60 obviously, 44-46" tires etc. Most likely 8.1 swap. If i can source a Duramax parts truck i'll go that route too. Possibly cummins? The 6.0 that's in this motor has worn out bearings, bad valve seals etc. The goal would be to retain the same amount of lift (but i won't ever say no to higher...lol), and be able to go through deeper mud holes and run trails.

Last edited:

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Spent Labor Day weekend upstate. Came back and took off the wheels and tires. Going to start getting ready for the next phase.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The SAS is on hold for now. Motor swap more important. I have decided that I am going to put an 8.1 in. I sourced a parts Suburban a few hours away with one, which I am most likely going to get. Everything will swap over to make it an easy install. I started tearing down the front end before i ran out of daylight. Also grabbed some stock wheels and tires so i can have the truck sitting as low as possible to work on it easier.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The wiring is always so much fun... I don't think the 6.0 harness is going to work in some aspects of the 8.1, so i'm going to remove it all and just use the harness and computer out of the parts truck. Work is gonna be put on hold this weekend because of rain....really wish i had a bigger garage

Attachments

• 20230921_190103.jpg
    20230921_190103.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 8

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So as of right now there won't be too many more things happening. The 8.1 parts truck I was supposed to pick up tomorrow got sold out from under me. That was absolutely rediculous. At this point, i'm going to continue with the removal of the current motor, and trans. The truck will sit until I figure out another parts truck.